ASTRA 1.9 SPORT

nickpiff

HELLO PEOPLE, IVE JUST ORDERED A 1.9CDTI SPORT HATCH 3 DOOR WITH THE VXR BODYKIT AND TAKE DELIVERY ON SEPT 1 SO THAT ITS A NEW PLATE, CANT BELIEVE GOTTA WAIT 6 WEEKS FOR IT. JUST WONDERED IF THERE ARE ANY OWNERS OF THE SAME TYPE OF ASTRA AND IF THEY HAVE HAD ANY MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH THEIRS OR JUST PLEASE TELL ME HOW GOOD THE CAR IS ( I ONLY PAID 12,500 GRAND FOR IT AS WELL TAX FREE) BOBBY DAZZLER

LATERS

Sounds like a good deal to me. Don't think you'll be dissapointed. I would look at remapping the engine at some point for extra power but the cars are very torquey and surprisingly lively for a Diesel :D .

My only (VERY MINOR) criticism is they are a little soggy in the corners but that is often the case with the heavy diesel engines so is nothing to worry about. They are still pretty good but would benefit from a custom suspension setup - lowereed 30mm and stiffened all round.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE WAYNNE, TO BE FARE ALL IVE REALLY HEARD IS GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS CAR, A COUPLE OF NIGGLY CREAKS HERE AND THERE BUT I SUPPOSE THATS TO BE EXPECTED AS EACH CAR IS DIFFERENT

WHEN IT COMES TO MODDING CARS IM A BIT OF A NOVICE SO COULD U EXPLAIN WHAT MAPPING THE ENGINE IS, IVE SEEN A £200 CHIP THAT CAN BE ADDED FOR ABOUT 40 EXTRA HORSE POWER IS THAT WHAT U MEAN?

ANY EXTRA ADVICE OFF ANYBODY WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

CHEERS

A quick scan through the articles on this page http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/index.php will get you up to speed on the theory of engine tuning. The DIY boxes and plug in chips are not always that well rated - most good remaps are installed by a company and basically rewrite the incar computers engine timing and turbo control program to unleash a lot more power. Any turbo engine responds really well to a remap.

CHEERS AGAIN WAYNNE, IVE HAD A LOOK AT THE LINK AND IVE GOT A FEW IDEAS, WHEN I GET THE CAR ILL PROB LEAVE IT AS IT IS FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS, GET SOME FUN OUT OF IT, THEN WHEN I START TO GET A BIT BORED ILL LOOK AT RE MAPPING THE ENGINE OR SOMETHING SIMILIAR SO I GET MAX PERFORMANCE OUT THE LITTLE BEAUTY.

IF U DONT MIND WAYNNE CAN I ASK WHAT CAR U DRIVE, JUST OUT OF INTEREST.

COOL SITE, ILL BE BACK, CHEERS AGAIN

That is a good plan!

I drive an Audi 1.8T sport the 4 door 2000 model. I have owned Astras, Novas, and a Rover 220GTi before. :wink: I also try and test drive as many cars as I can at every opportunity.

NICE CAR WAYNNE, I DO LIKE THE AUDI SPORTS THEYRE GOOD CARS.
DONT SUPPOSE U KNOW ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY A 2.4 JTD ALFA DO U, SOMEONE WHOS ALSO GOOD AT FITTING NEW CLUTCHES. IT WENT LAST WEEK AND NOW THAT I HAVE ORDERED THIS NEW ASTRA I JUST WANT TO GET RID OF THE ALFA. ITS SUCH A NICE CAR I DONT WANT TO SEE IT SCRAPPED.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

WOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO TELL ME IF THE ASTRA IM GETTING HAS 2 FOG LIGHTS ON THE BACK, AS IM IN GERMANY AND NEED EITHER DOUBLE FOG LIGHTS OR JUST ONE, BUT ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE.

CHEERS

Might be - if it just needs a clutch then I might just use it along side my 2.2 HDi Pug 406 (re-mapped to silly lbft).

Where is the car at the moment.

Cheers,

Regards,

Paul Anderson

IM ACTUALLY IN GERMANY WORKING SO I THINK ID HAVE TO GET THE CLUTCH DONE OVER HERE AND THEN GET IT BACK TO THE UK, BUT I DO WANNA SELL IT. ITS RECENTLY HAD WORK DONE ON IT, NEW TYRES AND BRAKES ALL ROUND AND PASSED THE MOT IN MAY, THERE IS A SLIGHT DENT IN THE REAR NEARSIDE PANEL, ALL ROUND ITS A NICE CAR, JUST NEEDS A LITTLE TLC.