Are driving instructors good drivers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
So this is nearly one for the rant room but I'm going to hold it in and count to 10.

1,2 ..... 10! BAAAAH

Flipping driving instructors. One drove right on my bumper and took 3 abortive attempts to overtake.

Then I saw another one using his mobile phone whilst driving along and then to cap it all off another one pulls out on me at a junction.

THERE WERE NO LEARNERS IN THE CAR. Have I just had an unfortunate morning or are driving instructors not the angels of the road we make them out to be.

nope ive had them sit at 40 on the main roads then as soon as you go to overtake them they remember that the limit is actually 60 and want to do 80 . now i could forgive the learners but not the instructors.
not had the instructor pull out on me but have had a learner, dont know what happened to the dual control idea as he allowed her to pull out then wondered why i was basically in their boot. blast of the horn and flash of the lights nothing totally oblivious

think you may be right, driving instructors do not seem to be particularly good at driving, it seems that sometimes they let learners deliberately pull out or do something stupid in front of you as a way of teaching them, bizzarely, what not to do by first hand experience - idiots.

My driving instructor is a good driver, i know him personally and ive been in a car with him a lot but i have had experience with other instructors who arent all that behind the wheel... many are in it for the money

There seem to be 2 distinct breeds. That's superb or useless.

Some seem to be very 'inside' the car whether they or a learner is driving.

Other's drive with immense anticipation and perception. Nothing in between in my opinion.

I've just been cutup by a driving instructors car on a roundabout! I don't think he had heard of lane discipline.

I think they generally are but i have noticed that some instructors take the whole 'practice what you preach' thing a little to literally and they sometimes sit at junctions and wait for a clear road a mile wide before pulling out also they sometimes take forever to accelerate when moving off from lights which might be down to them putting the car into gear, getting the biting point, putting the handbrake down...

On a side note has anyone here ever had to ask their driving instructor where to go when approaching a junction because they are to busy texting?

I think they generally are but i have noticed that some instructors take the whole 'practice what you preach' thing a little to literally and they sometimes sit at junctions and wait for a clear road a mile wide before pulling out also they sometimes take forever to accelerate when moving off from lights which might be down to them putting the car into gear, getting the biting point, putting the handbrake down...

On a side note has anyone here ever had to ask their driving instructor where to go when approaching a junction because they are to busy texting?
Mine was always on her phone. But i'll forgive her cause she was hot and i passed first time :) It was more a case of having a 2 hour drive than a 2 hour lesson. Funnily enough i liked turning left ;)

i had 1 a while back who must have told his student (or wasnt paying any attention) to pull out round a car that i was going past. needless to say my abuse was directed at the instructor not the student (the idiot wouldnt even look at me:mad:)

You little lecherous perv you. Honestly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

x2

Mine was always on her phone. But i'll forgive her cause she was hot and i passed first time :) It was more a case of having a 2 hour drive than a 2 hour lesson. Funnily enough i liked turning left ;)

When i first started my lessons i sometimes forgot to move into the left lane so my instructor used to play 'To the left' by Beyonce on his phone to remind me. Called me sonic the f*****n hedgehog because i did everything to fast (what instructor swears at you?) not a hot instructor but definitely a bit of a rebel