Archive from the old forum

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Supsa (80.43.202.159) on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 02:22 pm: Edit

Hi Michael an engine swap is pretty easy if you have the same model of car - with two different engine sizes. Depending on the model you may need to swap the wiring loom and gearbox but it should be an old out new in job. Is it one of the classic RWD drift GT's?

By michael moore (195.93.21.37) on Tuesday, February 08, 2005 - 09:58 pm: Edit

please help i just bought a toyota corolla. it has a good engine but a bad body. i was thinking of getting an other one (same year diffrent model) and swaping the engines. but i don't know where to start and how much it will all cost. so can you help?

By sputnik1 (80.43.165.147) on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 03:43 pm: Edit

Hi Marc

Is the standard Lambda sensor still in the exhaust? I seem to recall that you have a closed loop system - so removing the cat & changing the boost will cause the lambda sensor to go bonkers and cut off the fuel.

By MARC SPEAR (81.139.242.247) on Saturday, January 29, 2005 - 12:07 pm: Edit

CAN ANYONE HELP ME? HAVE A 94 SUPRA TT 6 SPEED WITH A PROBLEM,PARTS FITTED AS FOLLOWS:APEXI CAT BACK EXHAUST,SUPER CHIP,HKS RS INDUCTION KIT,BLITZ D/VALVE,BLITZ ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER HKS FUEL CUT DEFENDER.
CAR WONT RUN WITHOUT CATS PLUS AROUND 4500-5000rpm just splutters like mad since fitting boost crontroler same probs wen i tried to fit decat pipes.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:13 am: Edit

I have just bought a 1990 2.0i 16v Celica which is totally standard, how much power can be squeezed out of the engine without losing too much reliability as it will be my only car?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:15 am: Edit

I'm about to buy a jap imported manual twin turbo. It's pushing out 435 BHP. I've not had a turbo before. I'm having a full RAC inspection. The car makes a 'chinging' metal noise - similar to a vibration on a metal mesh when I let go of the throttle - from the Induction-kit cone area - Is it just resonance from the dump valve or are the turbos worn out?!!! Ther's no sign of smoke or oil coming out of anywhere. Thanks

By Anonymous on Saturday, May 22, 2004 - 08:56 pm: Edit

anybody had any experiance with the uprated engine management chips for 1.8 VVTI Toyota avensis's. do they do any good, or is it possible to fit a chip from a celica to gain power ?

By PETE THOMAS on Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 11:01 am: Edit

HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 1999 CELICA 1.8ST HOW CAN I IMPROVE (CHEAPLY) ITS RATHER LACK LUSTRE POWER &
PERFORMANCE?

By Anonymous on Thursday, October 07, 2004 - 09:04 am: Edit

Hi Pete welcome to torque cars.

114 bhp 0-60 in 10 secs hmm going up to 180 bhp will reduce 0-60 time to about 8 seconds. Will cost a lot to get there but I would do the mods in the following order
Air Filter, Exhaust, FSE boost valve - makes the car more fun to drive.
Next cost price
Cams, Sport Computer/ Re-chip
NoS Kit , Adding / Uprating a Turbo
Head Gas Flowed and Ported
Bottom end Engine Work

The NoS will have the biggest effect but ruin your low insurance prices.