Another one for the grinder lol.

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
Hey up then guys and gals. I'm new to the site so I thought i'd drop a quick hello and introduce myself. Loving the site so far, found loads of usefull info so I just had to join.

Look forward to speaking to you all. :D

Cheers BAD63R-V6.

Hi - welcome to the site - glad you like it - its a real labour of love! :lol: Always curious to hear suggestions for improvements etc... (NEW VERSION OF THE MAIN SITE SOON!)

Tell us about your car and your plans for it?

I've had my current baby for about 18 months and is my 3rd Calibra. She's a Opel Calibra V6 with a 3.0ltr engine conversion.

Bit's I've had done:

3.0ltr engine conversion.
Enlarged inlet manifold.
Enlarged inlet manifold devider.
Enlarged inlet centre section - (All 3 parts are now 20% larger)
Custom made sealed K&N with cold air feed.
Enire exhaust is completely straight through and has been enlarged from 2.5" piping to 3" piping with a twin exit back box rather than single exit into 2. Exit bore is 2 x 3.5"x4" tail pipes.
Enlarged throttle body.
Bypass piece for traction control unit.

Because I only had the engine done about 2 weeks ago I haven't got a clue what bhp she's running but when she was a 2.5V6 with the same mods she was running 220bhp from my last RR.

And there's way too much I.C.E to list but heres some shots of her anyway.

ICE%203.JPG

ICE%204.JPG
[/url]
v6.jpg

62.jpg

112.jpg

A nice one from one of my Calibra meets but the dark green is mine lol. Oh and the muppet with his back to the camera in light suede shoes and trousers and hat on is me pmsl.

Cheers BAD63R.

eeerrr.... yeh, gettin there lol. You wouldn't beleive the amount of people that think it's had a respray. They just don't beleive me when they see the chassis has done 125,000 miles pmsl.

Cars do last a long time if you look after them. I saw a 110,000 mile engine (Volvo I think) who's oil was changed every 3000 miles. When the engine was stripped it was practically as good as new with almost no discernable wear - fantastic but goes to show how important oil changes are. :wink:

Was the engine conversion a pig to do? What was in it before?

The conversion was easy as pie. The block is the same size as the 2.5 it's just bored out with bigger pistons, guides and valves that make it a 3.0 so it just drops straight into place where the 2.5 sat.

The install is slightly different now to that pic. The left and right chrome amps you can see have been replaced with another 2 subs. The black bits in the boot have a gone and replaced with 2 of those new 800 FLI by Vibe amps, there wicked if anyone is thinking of getting one.

Yeh the grey sub in the middle is the Fli 12" 1000w. The other 2 i've just bought are the Fli 10" 800w

Here a side shot before the 2 amps were changed.

ICE%201.jpg

It was the chrome one you can see and the the other is behind the drivers seat but you can't see it in this shot. But if you can imagine those chrome amps being 10" subs in the same colour as the existing one, that is what I have now.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back