Alright!!! :-)

blacklineninja

Track Warrior
Hi kids,

i'm blacklineninja, not black, not a line, nor a ninja. I just like the song. You'll see me swanking about around here not knowing much about anything, but i'll try and help out where i can, and if anyone wants to talk to me, feel free to just reply to this post.

Most things about me are in my profile, i'm into cars, action flicks, migraine-inducing rock music and swishing about in surfer clothing. I also enjoy falling off my surfboard and nearly drowning every time i go in the sea, not falling off my skateboard (although i don't manage that as often as I'd like) and Saturdays, which i usually spend asleep.

So that's howdy from me. Nice meeting ya, looking forward to getting stuck in.

Hi BlacklineNinja - welcome to the site - nice to have you aboard I see you are are a Civic - we seem to have quite a few of those so you are in good company.

Do you sleep other nights - or just all day Saturday - seem quite an efficient system to me. :p

PS: I removed your Poll - we don't do the 'Bikini' stuff here - we're all petrol heads in it for the speed and the fun of driving (and we don't want to upset our tuning Sisters do we?)

Aaaanyway, i forget to mention my motah on my initial hello. As Waynne pointed out, it is a Honda Civic, a 1.4 with a hatchback rear end. It's in standard form at the moment, but plans are afoot. I won't go into specifics at the moment, but will just let on that i've pick and mixed parts from the choiciest bodykits our cousins over the pond have to offer. I'm currently deciding on what finish to go for, and what wheels to have (open to suggestions - currently its a punch up between Enkei and 5zigen).

It's gonna be mostly mouth, but there will be some trousers courtesy of an American exhaust, air filter and possibly some AEM engine gubbins. I'll let you know, and as completion looms I'll be wanting to show photos to everyone whether they want to see them or not, so i'll keep you posted. :D

Have you considered doing an engine swap? Its a fairly easy way to make big power and keep reliability? the 1.8 should be a good choice for this - Type R version for even more power :twisted:

One day you will convince someone Wayne!

Good to have you aboard, nice to have people who like to say a little (or alot in your case) about themselves, becuase it doesn't happen very often!

I might take this opportunity to tell everyone I'm studying garden design, and outside of the car world I'm obsessed by plants! Bet you didn't expect that!

Sorry for the thread derailment, but I think you'll like it here and I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table!

Thank you Freddie, and thank you Waynne for your comments.

Gardens are cool. I like to chill out in mine with a nice hot coffee after a long day dealing with accident claims. Don't know much about plants though, but i do appreciate a nice garden.

As regards to whacking in a 1.8 type R engine, yeah i'd love to, but following my own accident a few years ago, and then buying a house, i've not had a car for three years, and what little no claims bonus i had is now but a distant memory. So i'm having to build my way back up, but i think the little Honda's a great place to start. When i've upgraded my NCB a few notches, i can start to think about :twisted: BIG POWER :twisted: then.

Hmm you deal with accident claim - your in insurance then? I did 15 years as a Broker workin gmy way up to a 'commercial insurance manager' when I left to be a self employed web designer - sometimes I look back at the days when I had a steady pay cheque and I think of all those hot sunny days I spent inside an office with a big stack of paperwork and think - I love being self employed!

LOL :D good for you.

I do Uninsured Loss Recovery for a fleet management company, which is similar but a bit different to regular insurance claims. Most people aren't aware, but if you've been involved in an accident that wasn't your fault, then the excess you had to pay (because you have a comprehensive policy with a £250 excess for example) can be claimed back from the muppet responsible. You can also claim back hire charges. We do it for companies only, but you can do it for yourself if you're an individual. You just need supporting documentation and then put your claim to the other driver's insurance company.

Certain insurance companies, in a bid to stop spiralling claims costs every year, now offer a really handy capture service. So someone shunts you in the rear end, then their insurers contact you and say "hey, don't worry, we'll pick up your car and fix it, and you can have this Corsa to pootle about in while the repairs are being done." I know some people are put off by it, but trust me this is actually a sweet deal. If you claim through your own insurers, you have to pay your excess, so you'll be £100 - 300 out of pocket, and be carless until your motors fixed. If you let the third party insurers or claims handlers fix your vehicle, it's all free! Little insider tips for you there.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back