Alloys

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
What size would you recommend for the Peugeot 206 HDi 2.0 D-Turbo?

15"? 16"? 17"?

Bearing in mind that I plan to lower the car roughly 40mm.

go for 17'' alloys with a good quality low profile tyre. you might be able to squeeze 18s if you lower by 30mm.

Have you thought of painting some black - you will save a bit of money doing that and get something unique?

have a scout around local scrapper for any alloys available, or try to get the gti alloys. then get them reconditioned and powder coated, they will be like new for at least half the price.

Paint them black you say? I guess thats what normal black alloys are in the first place? Are you sure it will look good, where could I get the paint from?

So I could buy any set of nice silver alloys (black alloys are limited) and paint them black? That would be really cool...

even if they are 2nd hand, there are companies that will file out all scratches and imperfections to so they are totallyscratch free, and they might even offer a recolour too.

you can buy paints for alloys but i recommend going to a professional with a spray booth and proper industrial paint and they can powder coat them so that you get the perfect finish and dont have to worry about flaking or bubbling.

you could end up paying less for this than you would a set of wicked brand new alloys

Yeah, I see your point.

Check out the eBay link I posted, I love those alloys and their only £360 (without tyres). How much are good tyres? £40 each? Hmmm I guess now my wheel budget is getting a little excessive? I could use the wheels that come with the car?

Yes? No? :)

you'll need tyres that are the specified size for the alloys. then you need to take them to a garage that is willing and capable of fitting the tyres onto the rims and then fixing onto your car and inflating. this also will bump up the cost. good tyre usually come in around 40-50 quid mark.

if you're buying ne alloys try and get tyre supplied, it makes life so much easier :D

If you are painting then I would use the wheels that came with the car. (Good tyres for my car cost £65-£85 each! :cry: )

i feel sorry for megane sport owners, 225 squid each....

if you're happy with the size already on the go for it.

my view is, the more you actual customize your self the more personal your car becomes, i.e bolt on body kits compared to body kit parts applied andboded then smoothed to create perfect lines. as there is nothing worse than bumpers that stick out.

I'm an idiot!

I knew the alloys were 17", I didn't even consider that the wheels currently on the car could be 15" or smaller! Dammit...

I still want black alloys so I best do a little bit more of a browse and find some with tyres.

Can anyone recommend any sites?

any particular style of alloy you're after?
http://www.raceandroad.com/cgi-bin/...WD=black&PN=Wolfrace_Asia-Tech.html#a167#a167

try that on for size :lol: i think halford sell alloy wheels, with tyres and fitting, check it out.

http://www.alloywheels.com/search.asp?numRecordPosition=1&strKeywords=4x108%20et20,4x108%20et25&strSize=17"&strSort=Low&strColour=Black&Make=Peugeot&Model=206

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...0553_crumb_33967-55061_parentcategoryrn_70553

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...0553_crumb_33967-55061_parentcategoryrn_70553

have a ganders at them.

I think I'm going to get the ones without tyres, I don't think getting tyres will cause too much trouble. You can pick standard ones out (which im happy with) for £30 each and fitting would either be free with the purchase of the tyres or £20 max (£5 each wheel).

as long as the tyre is the same width as the alloy, also make sure that it has the suitable speed rating (given as a letter)

if you feel unsure seek advice from where you intend to get them fitted.

I would go to ATS to get them fitted, they will probably do the fitting for free if I buy 4 tyres from them!

They did last time when I bought 2 tyres from them!

Unless when it comes to alloys, they have a different policy?