Adding Turbo and Super to a single cylinder engine

Car
Daewoo Matiz
Hello friends and automobile experts.... I am into my final year of graduation in Engineering and its this project that I am doing-"Implementation of Turbo & Super Charger in a Single Cylinder Engine". So, I would like to seek ideas and advices regarding this project.. Guys, do help me...

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but hopefully somebody can point you in the right direction for the knowledge that you seek!

Good luck buddy! :)

The engine is different on the original 350 bullett and the "new" 350 thats made in india
I presume the one in question is the latter

both have a low compression ratio but...........

Unfortunately they are low revving as well and are "plodders" .
possibly more importantly the quality of engineering isnt anything special so I cant see a turbo being a practical option myself

You coud not use the old bullet engine it just coudnt take the strain.

Last edited:
I'd love to see this project going ahead and wish you all the best but I don't think it is practical. I can't see a way around the technical problems you will encounter. A supercharger is probably the way to go, but combining this with a turbo is pretty tricky, even if you stage them to overlap rather than coming on sequentially.

What is the max RPM the engine can safely handle?

peak power is at 5000rpm max torque is at 3000

It is a 350cc single cylinder motor cycle engine with a bore stroke of 50...70

It will be far cheaper to fit the 500cc engine (which they do)

It will be more powerful with better low down power and it will be much easier to do (just bolt it in )

Last edited:
peak power is at 5000rpm max torque is at 3000

It is a 350cc single cylinder motor cycle engine with a bore stroke of 50...70

It will be far cheaper to fit the 500cc engine (which they do)

It will be more powerful with better low down power and it will be much easier to do (just bolt it in )
Agreed, but OP is doing a project for his degree.

Fair enough but I cant see a turbo working well on this engine and I thought that projects are better if successful

Maybe a low pressure turbo ?

Perhaps a small turbo designed for a diesel engine would be the way to go here. (Just be careful as petrol engines run hotter than diesels so the turbos may be "weaker".)

i dont pretend to understand the maths on turbos but i am under the impression that the turbo requires exhaust gas to spin up and i dont think there would be enough from a single 2 stroke to get it to spin up fast enough low down the rev range id go for belt driven turbo instead http://allclassiccars.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/centrifugal-blower.jpg . I ve often wondered why they use mechanical tooth gearing on these when they can use cone and belt getting peek performance out of the turbo if they used this type http://www.vinagrillo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/cvt.gif...