active aero

boyracer8

Car
3000GT
hi folks

i've had the problem since owning this car.
the active aero lights come on as soon as engine starts and will not activate during high speeds. i found that the front aero is faulty and if i disconnect it the aero light still come on.
does anyone know how to by-pass this problem so the rear aero would work on its own?

(the rear active aero works when i press the button when the ignition is on, but engine not started)

thanks

mike

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not too clued up on the GTO's myself, perhaps you should PM country Bumpkin to pick his brains.

Have you checked the obvious loose connections, blown fuse etc...

Hi, I'm not too clued up on the GTO's myself, perhaps you should PM country Bumpkin to pick his brains.

Have you checked the obvious loose connections, blown fuse etc...

hi
i think its a seized motor as the active aero motor is very low.

HI PAL
IVE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM i was told its either the front motor or the aero control module . i cant find a front motor so i tried a control module that did not fix my problem so if thats your problem let me know i have a spare
mike:D

HI PAL
IVE GOT THE SAME PROBLEM i was told its either the front motor or the aero control module . i cant find a front motor so i tried a control module that did not fix my problem so if thats your problem let me know i have a spare

Alright mate

i havent done anything about the areo as i think its more hassle than wot its worth, but i did have a post on 1 of those US mitsubushi website and they mentioned about a aero bypass unit as the front aero motor seizes up too often. i'm not too sure which site it was but they know more about the 3000GT than anywhere else.

hi pal
its located in the boot passenger side , you need to remove the storage tray and then carefully prize off the side panel youll be able to see the control umit mounted on the inner wing just up from the rear light cluster
hope this makes sense

The aeros work as a pair. The most common fault is the micro processors in the rear aero need renewing. The front one siezes on the links or on the front circuit.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back