Accord Alloys/performance

Ryan87

Car
05 Accord 2.0I-Vtec
I just recently got myself a 05 Accord and was wondering does the 2001~ Civic Type-R 17" alloys fit this car, they are both 5 stud.

I was also thinking of doing a few perfomance mods to this car aswell, i believe its a K20A3 enigne in it, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do, to get a few more ponnies out of it and know of any websites that sell upgrade parts for these cars/engines.

Thanks.

As far as I know the honda studs are pretty much the same througout the range. Check the offset as well though and the wheels might be a bit too big on standard soft suspension.

How much are you looking to spend on engine upgrades?

Well i think they will be ok to fit as i am nearly sure you can get 18's on the accord as standard.

I dont want to go overboard on performance upgrades. was thinking about a Intake but ive read so much crap about them and I think a CAI would be a hazard where i live (n.ireland) as its always raining lol.

Nice ride mate. Improvements you can make are an exhaust with de-cat (or sports cat), uprated cams, uprated air filter, CAIs can be rather useful as they help engines that rev higher (i.e. Hondas). Cams can be done as well and a remap can extract a few more bhp once everything is done. Saying that though, the K20 isn't exactly a bad engine as standard!

As for the wheels, I think the stud pattern is the same, but I'm not sure about the offset mate.

Dude don't even worry about your intake sucking in water. It would have to be located right into your wheel well and require you to aquaplane everywhere for it to suck any up.

Those bypass valves you see on CAI's are a gimmick and reduce airflow.

If you are really worried, just get an intake that sits in the same place as the stock airbox.

Some folks call them shortram intakes, but I think it's a loose term. In some circles it is a short ram unless it's stuck right down in the front of the car, others, its a short ram if it doesn't reach as far as your stock air box.

Again, if you are not entirely confident in the predesigned items for your vehicle, buy some tubing and a cone filter and DIY one to your desired length. There are lots of guides dotted about for this kind of thing.

Would you be able to get away with a de-cat exhaust? I had an accord friend in Belfast who said he had to pretty much crawl when driving into town due to coppers with decibel readers, trying to catch out boy racers disturbing the peace!

Last edited:
Got the Type-R alloys on, By the looks of thing, I think i will have to get 25mm lower atleast.

P1000102.jpg

What you lads think?

Lol I was thinking the exact same thing.... kinda like an M&M getting lost in a fat man's belly button.

Need to see it dropped to determine whether they will look dwarfed by those humongous arches methinx.

Nice wheels though, get em refurbed and you're laughing.

as said before 17's , 18's and 19's can be fitted on the accord, i have 18" honda alloys on mine which has a slightly different offset which makes them fill the arches nicely, mines a type-s i dont know if mine sits any lower as standard

as said before 17's , 18's and 19's can be fitted on the accord, i have 18" honda alloys on mine which has a slightly different offset which makes them fill the arches nicely, mines a type-s i dont know if mine sits any lower as standard

Can you post up a picture or something please mate.

I forgot about this thread.

Could you take a recent pic of the profile of the car?

Be nice to see how its looking.

I also reckon 215's on those rims would give it a better stance. Accords are a bit chubby and need the extra rubber to sit right.

That looks good mate, I am gonna sell these Type-R alloys.

Seen these, I think they look well so im gonna buy a set of these if they make them in the Honda's stud pattern.

msw_rs_gt_bpf-l.jpg

yep thats the ones, not seen any other accords about with that style as most think they would look too small as the spokes dont go to the rim