Acceleration testing

I'll have to give this a try.. although im not sure what gears to do it in. The W8 is very long legged.

Redline - 1st = 40mph
Redline - 2nd = 80mph
Redline - 3rd = 115mph
Redline - 4th = 160mph
Redline - 5th = 210mph - (guessing this one as it'll hit wind resistance at ~ 190)

I'll have to give this a try.. although im not sure what gears to do it in. The W8 is very long legged.

Redline - 1st = 40mph
Redline - 2nd = 80mph
Redline - 3rd = 115mph
Redline - 4th = 160mph
Redline - 5th = 210mph - (guessing this one as it'll hit wind resistance at ~ 190)

You'll probably hit the 155 limiter first, unless, of course you've had it tuned out :)

"How do you think I know where it hits wind resistance

155 limiter was taken away at the same time as the remap."

I still doubt you'll see 200mph from it. But I reckon a W8 is good for over 170mph without things even getting to unrefined inside the car. Thew were made in very small numbers and I imagine that the quality control was done car by car so should also prove very very reliable.

Not yet :( went to Loughborough today as well & it was dryish this lunchtime but forgot bring the doodad with me, some lovely roads there too :rolleyes: I'll going to leave it in the car for the time being so I have it ready.

Last edited:
O.k. then, long, straight quiet road went up & down a bit but no fuzz or other road users for miles.

Did record a 0-60 of 6.2s but failed to do the 1/4

Second run,

10-10mph=0.43s

0-20mph=1.3s

0-30mph=2.13s

0-40mph=3.46s

0-50=4.6s

0-60=6.4s

0-70=8.22s

0-80=10.27s

0-90=13.25s

Standing 1/4 = 14.7 @ 95.1mph

1/8= 9.55 @75.4mph

1000'=12.4s

330'=6.2s

60'=2.22s

Had to call it a day then as temp gauge started dropping. Don't know if the thermostat is stuck open or a faulty sensor is to blame or worse :/ I think with decent rubber on a nice flat road those times can still be improved upon...

Last edited:
One of the best measures,

Of overtaking ability is the Autocar Magazines 30 to 70mph (through the gears) acceleration check.
They have a compiled pretty comprehensive list of most production cars in their Road Test Section at the back of the periodical.

This is a lot easier mechanically on the car and can be accomplished on any quiet stretch of road without drawing un-needed attention to yourself or risking damage by subjecting the car to abuse.
It also works out very close to the 0-60 time for most cars anyway.

Bet that was exciting! :lol:

I have every respect for an F1 driver. At 175 things are starting to go past very damn quickly - yet they're still talking to the pits, adjusting car settings, racing other people etc etc...