A4 1.8t engine

kbnaan

Car
A4 18T Sport
my A4 keeps cutting out when decelerating and then becomes a pain to restart then the epc light comes on , and jerks and shudders when driving along at speed , any ideas as to what it is . cheers

Re: A4 18t engine

Hi T9 Man
ive come here looking for an answer to why my car keeps conking out, im at my wits end,

:D Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. I'm guessing you've done the usual stuff like changing plugs and doing a full service.

Does it cut out when cold? I suspect you have an issue with a sensor somewhere or dodgy thermostat.

Is it getting up to normal temperature (about 95 IIRC). Has the engine been modified in any way (divertors,dump valves, remaps, chips, tuning boxes, induction kits etc...)?

could be a number of things. fuel pump could be one. I don't know how they are set up on that sort of car. Or, again like somone has already said (sorry didn't catch the name on the post)could be an air lock. to be fiar tho, inless you know what your are doing (in witch case you would have a pretty good idea what is wrong with it) I'd take your motor to a local garage and ask them for there opiniun after they have seen what is happening. They may know strate away, or at least point you in the right direction.