A3 workhorse

A

Adamp

Hi i unfortunately have to use my 98 1.8 t Quattro for work so bit of a mess in the back. It is completely standard at the min till I can afford a van and get my much loved car in the garage and give her some much needed tlc! It feels a little sluggish and am wondering if can make it go a little faster without too much money and without it costing me more to get to work than I can earn?? Cheers

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)
I am unable to help you with your question directly, but you are definitely in the right place for the answers! Somebody will be along in a little while who will be able to assist you with some answers or suggestions to your query!
Good luck! :)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Remap it - the biggest bang for your money comes from a remap.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Induction kit dont bother about - 1.8t tuners can leave it in well into double the power.
i had smoothed airbox
smoothed airbox with golf r32 intake pipe work - bout double the size as the 1.8s intake snorkel.
BMC CDA induction kit.
no real change, bit more responsive when the r32 intake parts were fitted but then nothing betwen that and the CDA kit

exhaust - flows not bad its the downpipe and cat thats the issue.

remap def changes the whole feel of the enigne
a 98 will be the older engine so should see around 180-190 depending on the mapper for around £300

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back