A3 TDI tuning options

FL1X

Car
A3 TDI Quatro SLine
Howdy,

I have a 55plate (split grill) A3 TDI 140ps i had saved up about 2k to splurge on her but recent development of a baby has meaned ive binned that idea so ive set aside about £500 to make her a bit more pokey just looking for ideas, a Stage 1 map will set me back best part of £400 so what else can a do?

ta

FL1X

after the map your looking at bigger expense

ditching the cat and DPF with a new downpipe and exhaust will allow ou a stage 2 map. but you will smoke

also watch out the turbos are from the older ones and seem to have issues when pushed after mapping although think this is more to do with the 170 models.

brings on nicely to the next biggest thing you can do. turbo from the 3ltr Q7

must be dependent on the map then, some seem fine other go bang on the rollers afterwards. but companies have warned against them.

i do remember there being problems with some of the vag on mappers having issues with the 170s

Ive never heard of a turbo going pop after a stage one remap as long as you dont push the boost presure up to far i doubt it would be a issue, the turbo thats in her is less than 10k old as the old one had a issue and was replaced.

So basicly Stage one remap and a panel filter will surffice, exhaust will be to much of a expense at the moment but is on the cards.

one seperate question i know there chavvy but i do love the butterfly flutter you get with atmos valves on petrols anything like that available for diesel?

I know diesels dont need them due to the way the system works i just like the chatter/flutter not interested in big wooshing noise just a simple chatter :)

ta

FL1X

I think some mappers tend to get as much as they can, hence they work too close to the limits.
We quote lower gains than most as we always leave a bit in reserve, so to speak, prob why we have never had any issues with either the 140 or 170 models.. :)

Those engines have the potential to run ridiculous power,
you need to look up a guy who calls himself "deavonmikeyboy" on some forums,
he has the mac daddy of all a3 tdi's(infact he has the same model car as you) look up his car up for inspiration and i promise you won't be disappointed,

all the work on his car was done by Allard,

@jarrus i read his article in his signarture, impressive and utterly insane i must admit.

Im getting her booked in to be mapped at storm developments so ill get the maps up once its completed. ill order a new panel filter also.

F

Well she went into storm two weeks ago and i have to say so much nicer, it doesnt really feel much faster but its alot smoother and certainly quicker popping back in tomorrow to get a couple of tweaks done and see if we can get it on the rollers damn four wheel drive :p

thanks for all your comments :)

FL1X