A3 leak!!!!!!!!!!!

littlearfie

Wrench Pro
Car
A3 1.8 T sport
hi all my A3 1.8T has a leak, i started to notice it about a month ago and dont no where its coming from ive checked the door, the pollen filter tray, ive even pulled the carpet up. every time it rains or is wet the passenger foot well gets soaked at least 2 inches of water:( please help

Sorry I missed this post. Is it coming in through the door seals? I know the rain runs off the roof straight into my car with the door open due to the shape of the roof and lack of a decent gutter. Lay some tissues around the door, under the dash and stay in the car whilst someone puts a hose over it. The tissues will show where the damp is starting to come in from and will help track it down.

I'm guessing it does this whilst parked and not when the car is moving.

its normally the drivers side that leaks dueto the eletrical box above the fusebox.
think theres a grommet somewhere on the passengers side maybe its just fell out

thanks every 1 it seems to come from above behind the glove box but i havnt really studied it, the door seal may be the first thing to check, the only good thing is im not gunna be short of water with this weather.

Good guide there herb - nice find thanks. That might come in handy.

no problem mate i try and help where and when i can but a little tip when wedging the pannel open dont push the wood into far as i did
i managed to snap 1 of the cables and 1 of the clips and now have blue tape holding my window up :(

Audi or ebay

have a look for the S3 brace.
however you will need a way of fixing it as they require rivinuts (rivivts with a thread going through them.)

As far as am aware easy enough its just 6 8mm bolts.
reason ive never got on on my bora was the fact that i couldnt find the tool to place the rivinuts. the nuts them selves were easy to find but nobody had the correct tool

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back