A3 1.9TDI Remapping

collinz23

Car
Audi A3
Hi there,

I have a 06 1.9tdi sportback A3, I have been informed that if i was to remap the ECU I would not be disapointed..

I have spoken with a few garages around my local area who have quoted improvement figures of around 35BHP this taking my car to 145bhp also an improvement in torque and fuel.

Is there any advice you are able to provide to help make up my mind if I should go for this improvement. Would like to understand the good and bad points if there is any?

Looking forward to your response as new to this site..

My advice mate is do it as soon as, I have a remap on my 130 bora, it's a pd engine like yours, you will get more power when you're accelerating and better mpg when you are cruising. Taking your 110 engine to 145 won't strain the engine or the clutch. There really aren't any bad points for a sensible remap like that. Mine took me from 130 to 170bhp and from 245 to 290lb ft of torque

Are there any Garages that you could recommend, how much would you also expect to pay i have been quoted 295 including vat..

Whereabouts are you? I got mine done cheap in hemel from a chap who's an audi tech in the daytime. That said 295 is a good price. My chap threw in some stuff like enabling auto windows, door locks, miles to empty on the clock, which he did at the same time as the flash.

In in chelmsford in Essex, I have been calling around I have found a guy who can come to me as a mobile service, is this something that is easly done outside your house? If i pick him he is £199 which is alot better then the first quote.. seems a nice guy as well

personally i would never use a mobile mapper (unless i knew him/her) i would use a reputable garage its more but if something did go wrong (not likely) but you would have somewhere to take your car back to.

and welcome to the forum:bigsmile:

Mine was like a mobile mapper in that he wasn't an official garage, but both me and 2 mates had our pd engines remapped by him without issue. I genuinely don't see a problem with a generic map on a diesel even if its from a mobile person. All a generic needs is a laptop and a lead basically.

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

AMD essex are around you give them a shout. itll be more than £199 but your dealing with a reputable garage who are well known in the VW world

I have just had mine remapped and I have to say I love it,
Altho mine was only the 90bhp I still got another 28bhp out of it,
I used ecu-RS which come to your addy and program it there,
Like the comment above all it is now is a cable and a laptop,
Mine was £247 which is worth every penny