A message to all Accord haters

inetba

Wrench Pro
Car
94 Accord Wagon
If you know anyone who has the typical american mentality of "V8 V10 V12 W16. What's the point in having a 4-cyl?!"

Here's what I have to say to you.

Can you comfortably fit five people in your car?

Can you drive around without every cop withthin 5 miles watching your every move?

Can you drive around without everyone trying to race you?

(For people who own wagons) When you're driving across country, can you save money by putting the rear seats down and sleeping in your car? Along with your friend(s)? and be comfortable?

Because when I went to florida me and my two friends just slept in the back in our sleeping bags and put our luggage in front.

Whenever people say "Why are you spending $-,--- on that 4 banger? Just buy something with a v8 it's cheaper"

Ok, lets say it's a USED mustang. that's 5k-6k, plus, you need full coverage insurance, that's like $1000 a year on a two year loan, that's 7K-8K MINIMUM. A new mustang? 35K.

That is NOT cheaper than a 3K H22A swap, and that'll keep up with your stock mustang. So not only will I have a car FASTER than yours, it'll be cheaper, more practical, not a cop magnet, and once I have a family, I'll be able to fit my family in the car, even when my son is in his teenage years.

So for all you haters, BEAT THAT.

(sorry for the rant, there are a lot of guys at my school who traded their VW GTi for mustangs and lost a ton of money and when I blaze past them in my honda, they are constantly giving me #!#!#!#!. They call it the retard wagon.)

Good, I found a H22a swap, with automatic transmission, for $2200, from a Dedicated honda engine swap garage place about an hour away. That saves me so much money.

Much better, My friend said with the stock H22a I'll be running 14s, that beats my friends mustang by almost a second. Once I add a carbon fibre hood, GSR seats, lightweight rims, a K&N filter, HKS cold air intake, I'll be doing maybe 13s or faster. I don't know what tranny to put in though, I want a low top speed but high acceleration.

Close ratio box then. You might be able to alter the final drive ratio to achieve this instead of messing around with a custom box.;)

What's a close ratio box? I was told you could only change the ratio on race cars.
And my Goal for horsepower, is about 230Hp. My dad has a Mazda6 Wagon with 220hp, and right now his car totally spanks mine, so i'm going to one up him with 230hp or more. 300hp is my ultimate goal. But as it is, due to age, my car is lucky to have 120 so his 220..... yeah.... he can go from behind me matching my speed, to in front of me in about two seconds.

Have a quick read of this article http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/gearboxes.php.

You can change the ratio's in any box. It is just a matter of stripping it down and swapping out the gears. Might be worth researching other boxes from smaller engined cars as they tend to have lower ratios - the problem is that these are not usually as strong.

I love that!

"There is a Dedicated honda engine swap garage place about an hour from me."

Only in the US.

I'd probably have to drive a lot longer than an hour to find a place to swap my engine out. Then no way of getting home :(

I think you're missing the point Inetba, as are the sort of people you are referring to. It's not about having something that can seat 60 people, or that can do 0-100 in 10 seconds, or that can get good mpg...

...it's about getting the right car for YOU. The car that you like to look at and like to drive despite everyone else thinking it's slow or ugly. In the real world, whatever you drive, chances are there will always be a car that does something better. Whether that be faster, more frugal etc.

You stick with your Accord mate ;)

Good, I found a H22a swap, with automatic transmission, for $2200, from a Dedicated honda engine swap garage place about an hour away. That saves me so much money.
try an locate a manual box from a prelude or accord h22a
trust me, you;ll never regret doing so

just a thought while you have the engine out

and i agree with the story, just like to add 1 thing for you,
all the power from these so called v10, v8, you'll arrive before them anyway as you;ll pass them when they break down lol:D

I think you're missing the point Inetba, as are the sort of people you are referring to. It's not about having something that can seat 60 people, or that can do 0-100 in 10 seconds, or that can get good mpg...

...it's about getting the right car for YOU. The car that you like to look at and like to drive despite everyone else thinking it's slow or ugly. In the real world, whatever you drive, chances are there will always be a car that does something better. Whether that be faster, more frugal etc.

You stick with your Accord mate ;)
well said, personal choice

never try to impress people, as you;ll never succeed

Apparently, this model is bigger than it looks.

According to the Bible, all the disciples were in one Accord, so presumably, there used to an MPV version