a little leaking some kind of oil or fluid on the bottom of my tansmission and engine

michaelxng

Car
HondaAccord 94 2.2L
I noticed that there were some oil or fluid on the bottom of my car near the engine. It looks like a little leak. I dont know wat the problem is.

Re: a little leaking some kind of oil or fluid on the bottom of my tansmission and en

have you got any more details about it, for instance can you see any fluid running down the side of the engine or is actually coming from underneath? it could just be a loose pipe connection somewhere.

do you notice any spots of oil on the ground where you have left the car for any length of time?

Last edited:
Re: a little leaking some kind of oil or fluid on the bottom of my tansmission and en

The best you can do is give the engine a thorough clean & then see if you can see a leak after a short run.

Have a look at the top of the engine too, leaks can drip down from anywhere like the cam cover gasket for instance.

Get a dab of the mystery fluid & rub it between your fingers & have a sniff that will give a idea of the consistency ie, watery or oily & whether it's petrol or not.

Check the gaiters on the CV joints.

Keep an eye on your fluids & see if there's a noticeable change.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back