'97 Corsa 1.4 16V

ary

Car
CorsaB 1.4 16V 90hp
Hi guys, i've got a 1997 Vauxhall (actually Opel) Corsa 1.4 16V 90hp. I have a racing exhaust on it, i mean: it has no cat and no mid silencer, only a Ragazzon back silencer. I was thinking to change the filter on that thing because it's still stock and after i read that stuff in your website i'm confused! Help?

Hi Ary and welcome - our aim is certinly not to confuse people! Was there an unaswered question in our article or did we give conflicting recommendations.

Hi waynne, thanks.
I didn't want do diss your site in any way, you have some great recommendations here. There is a place in the tuning tips where you say that some induction kits in some smaller-engine vehicles can decrease the power and torque of the car. I just wanted to know what kind of a filter or induction kit would increase the power of my corsa and also be drivable in every condition (rain and stuff like that), except the carbon fiber ones because i dont thing they make any for a corsa and if they did I could never afford one :).

You'd be best off getting a high flow washable panel air filter. They keep the torque and do help a little with top end power - they are also washable so are cheaper to run.

As long as you protect the filter element (whether it's a panel or cone filter) from heat and make sure there is a sufficient supply of cold air, your engine will breathe a little better.

Some air induction and RIMS!

Thank you guys very much!
Could you guys tell me what you think, what product would be the best (K&N, Pipercross, or any other) also considering that i live in a really dusty place.
Also, if there is anybody that could tell me approximately how much more horsepower or torque could I have with the exhaust like that (without cat and mid silencer) and by adding a replacement high flow filter or any other.

How can I insert an image of my corsa? I think it looks cool, and i wanna know what you guys think! I have no rims on it and i was thinking of buying some 14 inch Alessio F1-s (roads are bad here, don't wanna risk on 15's). If anybody knows what I'm talking about tell me how do you think they'd look!

I'm using an Apex'i cone filter and can recommend one of those.

Don't be expecting a massive increases in power. You only have a small engine, so any mods you carry out aren't going to increase performance alot. To be completely honest, it'll be hard for you to tell the difference with just an air filter and backbox. The main difference will be the noise the engine produces.

To post up pictures, go to somewhere like www.imageshack.us, choose which picture you'd like to upload, (if it's a big picture, you can resize it to 640x480), click upload and they'll give you a few links. Use the bottom "direct link to image" link and put it in image tags:

[img ]http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/3276/dsc009295fl.jpg[/img ]

If you remove the spaces you get:

dsc009295fl.jpg

Wider rims will make the steering more heavy and try to keep the same rotational distance ie bigger rim + lower profile tyre. Otherwise your speedo will be out. Wolfrace wheels look really nice in Corsa arches.