Corsa LS 1.2
Done -
Induction Kit and Cold Intake Pipe
Widen Spark Gap In Spark Plugs
De-cat
4-2-1 manifold
Lowered 40mm front and rear
Polished Cylinder Head
Power Mod Chip Thing - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15BHP-Power-M...s_SM?hash=item2ea6c7c923&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Door Cards Removed and replaced with aluminium plate

What would you recomend to do next?

I'm only 17 so nothing to extreme i've got the time but not loads of money to spend.

Thanks

Rob

get rid of the chip you bought off ebay.
open it up itll be nothing more than a resistor that does 1 of he several

1) make the ECU think the air is colder injecting more fuel
2) confuses the coolant temp - see above
3) keeps the car on choke - see above

pretty much it makes the car run rich and will eventually ruin the car.
take it off and sell it to another idiot on ebay and put the fiver towards a proper map, or better yet save it for a decent engine/car you aint going to get much powr out of the 1.2 without serious money

Thanks, i'll go take it out this morning

Any ideas how to squeeze a bit more power out of it?

thanks

Rob

My cousins swaping the 1.6 8v engine in his astra G for a 2.2 from a vectra would putting his old 1.6 in my corsa make a massive difference to the power or isn't it worth the effort??

Thanks

Rob

itll make a difference just make sure your insurance is happy with it, you will find that the 1.6 in a 1.2 will cost more to insure than a bog standard 1.6.
also remember chances are youll need better brakes to cope with the extra power and weight. also the suspension may need altered again with the weight.

youll also need the ecu and gearbox

It sounds like a good opportunity to do an engine swap to me especially if he lets you have his old engine cheap.

As PG says see what your insurance company say.

taken all the carpets out, rear seats, headlining, all the plastic apart from the dash took the aluminum sheets off the doors and replaced with 2mm plastic. de-cat seemed to make a big difference, I've dropped in a 2.2 vectra engine in there now, its rapid!

taken all the carpets out, rear seats, headlining, all the plastic apart from the dash took the aluminum sheets off the doors and replaced with 2mm plastic. de-cat seemed to make a big difference, I've dropped in a 2.2 vectra engine in there now, its rapid!

You serious?:eek:
Was there much work needed for it to fit??

A 2.2ltr Vectra engine in a Corsa - now that would be something.

Better change the engine size in your profile too, it still says 1.2 :lol:

I bet there was quite a bit of work doing that.

It took a few days to do I brought a donar vectra that had been in a bump, so managed to rip everything out of that I needed, it does the job :) I just need a new manifold so I can get it turbo'd. I wanted the 2.5L V6 but would have been too much work and very front heavy!

Done -
Induction Kit and Cold Intake Pipe
Widen Spark Gap In Spark Plugs
De-cat
4-2-1 manifold
Lowered 40mm front and rear
Polished Cylinder Head
Power Mod Chip Thing - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15BHP-Power-M...s_SM?hash=item2ea6c7c923&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Door Cards Removed and replaced with aluminium plate

What would you recomend to do next?

I'm only 17 so nothing to extreme i've got the time but not loads of money to spend.

Thanks

Rob

Mate I Noticed This Was From A Few Years Back, I Have Just Turned 17 And Have A Corsa Trip 1.2 And Was Wondering If You Could Tell Me Some Mods You Did That MAde A Diffrence But Didnt Make A Diffrence To Your Insurence, Cause Mines Pretty High As It Is

Thanks
Sam