70/80 mm drop ? enough to tuck her under????

k3ogh

Tuner
Car
pug 306 1.4
Has anyone done this drop on 195/45/15 cyclones before I've measured the gap on the arches front is 90mm and the rear is 80mm :s surely that's not how much it needs to be dropped by to fill the arch up, I don't want a silly drop really just enough to tuck the tyres away nicely XD any help wod be apreciated :)

Money aint really a problem but without going mad on airbags etc haha just a decent set of coilies to tuck that unsitely gap away :)

Unless other major suspension mods are made, an 80mm drop will totally bugger up the steering and suspension geometry on any car.

Unless other major suspension mods are made, an 80mm drop will totally bugger up the steering and suspension geometry on any car.

Totally agree. It'll ride like a trolley jack and steer like a fully laden Asda shopping trolley.

Car makers work hard to fine tune ride height, vertical damping and lateral and longitudinal compliance. Dropping the car by 2-3 inches and stiffening everything with wanton contempt is a recipe for poor grip and poor driveability.

Suspension changes are not for the faint hearted (or shallow walleted).

Indeed, I will getting a full geo setup on mine when I've fitted it all,

The place where I got my exhaust made does 4 wheel alignment so will be visiting them instead of using kwikfit

Sounds about right yeah, lol

ok then, (sorry for hijacking the thread a bit) my car doesn't have any adjustable suspension parts apart from toe (tracking) so if I upgrade my suspension, which I will be doing soon then what can I do about not making it handle horrible? 40mm drop is what I'm doing, as well as adjustable dampers (I believe it's the rebound on them that is adjustable)

Sounds about right yeah, lol

ok then, (sorry for hijacking the thread a bit) my car doesn't have any adjustable suspension parts apart from toe (tracking) so if I upgrade my suspension, which I will be doing soon then what can I do about not making it handle horrible? 40mm drop is what I'm doing, as well as adjustable dampers (I believe it's the rebound on them that is adjustable)

The easist thing to look out for is the angle of the bottom wishbone relative to the ground. As long as the end fixed to the wheel end is level with or lower than the chassis end, you shouldn't have TOO many issues. A generalisation, I know, but if it is higher then you will have handling problems, IMO.

Last edited:
sorry guys aint been on for a bit urm yea ive realised nowe that the 45 profile aint a good choice a waste of 175 buckaroonies :( what would be the best set up then ??? i.e 6o rear 40 front etc cheers

The idea is to go either lower at the front the back or lower the same amount, it's the best set up for handling, but a 60mm all round will look nice ;)

you should be using a 50 or 55 profile tyre, on 15 wheels, I use 195/50/15's they are fairly cheap to pick up, I got 2 yoko parada spec 2's for £80 off Demon Tweeks

60 it is then i picked up four toyo proxes up of ebay for 175 a few weeks ago :) but now il just have to keep them spare and throw them on the mrs quiksilver when there needed 195/50/15s with 60 drop allround then you reckon mate????

yep it will look smart mate, I'm notgoing as low as that because I have speed humps round by me but you want the look then that's the way to go,

What suspension are you going to use?

there venom ap coilovers i seen them on ebay and come with 4 complete coilover units bump stops and adjuster tool :) have you heard of them???

Ah right, sounds good, AP coilovers are decent suspension for he money so don't be disappointed,

just check all your other suspension bushes and mounts while you're there they do tend to ware out quickly on 306's ball joint's, drop links and wishbone bushes are a must on the check list

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back