406 d9 tunning

olia

Car
peugeout 406 2.0
hai guys, i want to ask about tunning 406 d9 v4 petrol because i'm from indonesia, so we dont get V6 from astra.
i`m gonna use supercharge(sc). but its so hard to find the literature about sc for 406
so i want to ask you about this
i'm gonna use sc aisin amr300 or Sc12 so which is the best between amr300 or sc12?
n whats gonna happen if we use a small sc(amr300) to big engine(1.6 above )?
n should i decrease the compression like implement turbo?

n sorry for my english...
hehehe

thx before

i'm using xu 10. n now i've changed my mind from sc to turbocharged :d
n now i cant using turbolar system because the engine space is to small. n what i saw from dp engineering is accu box is moved to trank like bmw.
n the most troubling me is i have no time tune with piggyback n i'm not using intercooller. so yhe question is it save? n why mostly peugeot can't use piggyback(dastek)?
because i have a dragrace event this sunday.

n the spec is :
engine comp : 9
turbo jdm(dsr330 - ar:0.49) boost 0,4 (current)
coolingmist wmi dual nozzle.
dual injector high dep(@190)

if my car alredy finished i will upload the pict n dyno test :d
thx before :d

XU10 is better for tuning, something to note is that if you want more power then buy a 306 gti6 XU10, its the same engine but with a better flowing head and wilder cams, something to look into, and as far as engine management goes you can use anything you like, there a project on dp engineering on a 306 gti6 that uses the standard ecu and piggyback management, it is possible

oh, but its hard in indonesia to find that engine.., heheheheheh
but i've read in other forum, they suggest to remap or if u want to use piggyback, use APEX as a piggyback. its hard in indonesia to find racing part for peugeot, so i don't have any choice to use dastek as a piggyback. maybe because they use closed loop system. but why they use that system?

btw thx for your sugest :d

why not import an engine from NZ or AUS they have them over there,
Any piggyback ecu should be fine

did you look at dp engineering for a turbo?

actually i barely know when i bought a turbo. because another garage use that engine.
but how many litre 306gti?

yeah i saw it, but they recomend garreth. n i have no time because i bought a turbo 2 days ago, and this sunday i have to race. in jakarta its rare n expensive for that thing and my friend who sell a turbo doesn't have the item. so he recommend me to use jdm, because he use it to volvo s70 3.0 (dsr 430 boost 0.8) with wmi n dastek total hp about 350 - 370hp.

n what brand racing cam for 406 d9?

its 2.0 same as yours, in fact the 306 gti engine is a factory tuned up version of your engine with 167 hp as standard rather than 136 hp which is what you have now, as for racing cams have a look at newman cams piper cams or kent cams, or cat cams, and look for cams for thw 306 gti because the cams will fit, you will need vanier pulleys also

well, sorry jarrus i can reply you now.
i go to race and i got 3rd grade, but my car it wasn't fix at all.
and now i have a problem because my car suddenly increase the boost it self, from 0,9 to 1 bar. and i think the problem from Manual Boost Controller.
and than the rpm stuck to 4000rpm and the boost decrease to 0,5
i already check the pipping and there's a leak, also the MAP sensor because sometimes my car can't move, it' like the throtle is empty or too many gasoline to injector and after that it's normal again. yesterday i tried to use another MAP 406 in garage. the result is good its like all problem has been answerd and my car can boost to 1bar again. after i boost about 50 meters the troubles come. it likes what i've been told,
and i want to ask is it possible the MAP standart can't hold the boost from turbo? because what i know is MAP can't accept pressure. but i see in internet there is MAP for turbo. so what the different is ?

dear Mr.Olia
I'm radix for indonesia and I ride peugeot 406 d9 xu10 too.
I've read your thread and it seem you're succesfully upgrade your peugeot 406 performance.
I have plan to upgrade the engine performance and you know its so hard to do it in indonesia.hahaha..
could you be my mentor for this?
thank you.

Greetings radixsr and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

I'm afraid the member olia has not been on here since 2011. Post your questions in the Peugeot section where I am sure the other members will be glad to help you out with advice ;)