330i needed for mor POWER any help plz

nashermay

Wrench Pro
Car
none
Hey, any help? I have a 330i '94 year model 130,000 on the clock. what can I do to get huge power from this motor? Can anyone help please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 300i needed for mor POWER any help plz

I didn't think there was a 330 in E36 shape. I believe they wasn't introduced until the E46 which means you can't have a 1994. Can you confirm which model you have please?

Generally though, exhaust, induction kit, big bore throttle bodies and then a remap will see a nice increase.

How much were you looking to spend on your car?

Will it be used as a daily car or are you just saving it for the weekends?

How important is it that the car retain it's reliability and economy?

It would be helpful to know a bit more about the car, do you know the engine code?

I didn't think there was a 330 in E36 shape. I believe they wasn't introduced until the E46 which means you can't have a 1994. Can you confirm which model you have please?

You're right, even the top of the range 328i wasn't in production until '95, but they never actually put the 3.0ltr in an E36. Perhaps it's been transplanted? :confused:

You're right, even the top of the range 328i wasn't in production until '95, but they never actually put the 3.0ltr in an E36. Perhaps it's been transplanted? :confused:

The only 3.0 litre E36 is the pre-facelift M3. Maybe he's got the year wrong?

hey guys sowi for the mis information. i have a 330i e46 2003 model. i dont know if this might help but i am from cape town South Africa and bought the car from a bmw dealership in cape town. i would want the fuel economy to be good and its a auto gearbox.
and would want to know aswell if SPR front strut braces are godd or not

ok then flip the economy i just want more power. i am pushing out 170kw at the moment

Exhaust, induction kit (with proper heatshield), big bore throttle bodies (BBTBs) and a remap will do nicely. However, you'll also want a manual conversion if you want serious power.

naa kinda to lazy to go back to manuel lol. i got like in my cureency R10 000 to spend for now. dont know how much that will be in pounds. but i am wanting to enhanced the handling aswell. wats the best front strut brace on the market

naa kinda to lazy to go back to manuel lol. i got like in my cureency R10 000 to spend for now. dont know how much that will be in pounds. but i am wanting to enhanced the handling aswell. wats the best front strut brace on the market

There's quite a few around. Instead of that though look into this idea. I would imagine the E46 to be the same as the E36. The convertible M3s use an X brace that goes on the underneath of the car to act as a strut brace, however, it is much better than a strut brace so go for that if you can.

Definitely go for some coilovers (I've recently gone for HSD coilovers for my BMW), and some poly bushes. A thicker anti-roll bar will be good as well (they also come with new bushes too).

I'm only running the standard 140bhp. I have the M42 4 pot. I'm more of a suspension man so I'm concentrating on getting my car handling properly before I up the power.

Hi Nashermany, nice choice of car but with all due respect, what is the point is doing all of this to your car, if you are to "lazy" to have a manual???? You will never have the control and power in an automatic then in a manual if you are talking about serious power and driving.
Automatic is for big city driving and nothing more unless you have trip tronic..

Hi Nashermany, nice choice of car but with all due respect, what is the point is doing all of this to your car, if you are to "lazy" to have a manual???? You will never have the control and power in an automatic then in a manual if you are talking about serious power and driving.
Automatic is for big city driving and nothing more unless you have trip tronic..

Oh really? I have a 750BHP Saab of which 150BHP is attributed to my NOS system and I am fully automatic with Tiptronic. We are rare but we do exist :bigsmile:

Oh really? I have a 750BHP Saab of which 150BHP is attributed to my NOS system and I am fully automatic with Tiptronic. We are rare but we do exist :bigsmile:

Nice.. I dont think I have ever heard of a Saab with that many horses :toung:
Well at least with trip tronic it is better then just full automatic. I am surprised that you took a saab as a car to be so heavily modified but still a very nice choice. I would imagine that the car must be heavy, so what is your power to weight ratio? Also, I would imagine you started with the 2.8L LP1 v6 24 valve turbocharged version with the 6 or 5 speed sentronic automatic ? But I also know that a Saab as standard does not go over 5.5k RPM (unless you went for the 1.8 version which goes to 5.8k, but that is a very low engine to start to modify to heavily) so I would imagine you have changed that as well to gain more tourque and of course of because of the NOS. What turbo do you have on it?
Sorry about the many questions.... :p

Thanks :) The car started off and still is a 2 litre Aero with a five speed box with tip tronic selection. The turbo is a GT30 hybrid and the engine is a race special. Had the car for 8 years now and have just spent a fortune on it. Should get it back by the end of the week, then the fun will begin :)

hey guys i have a 2006 bmw 330i e90 and i was wondering how much it would cost to bore out my engine to be able to put a turbo in.... i want power!!!!!!!!!!!

hey guys i have a 2006 bmw 330i e90 and i was wondering how much it would cost to bore out my engine to be able to put a turbo in.... i want power!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be a lot easier to bolt on a supercharger instead tbh (i'ts what I do - and doing to my car atm). Adding a turbo to a car that wasn't designed for it will be a costly lesson.