Torque Cars

323 engine swap 1.8 to 1.4

Discussion in '3/323 Forums' started by irishgirl323, 22 April 2012.

1. irishgirl323

irishgirl323 New member

ireland
    Car:
    madza 323f coupe
    hi im just wanting to know ,,,,,,i have a madza 323 1.8 petrol ,and im wanting to put a 1.4 engine into it .......would i have to change the wire loom aswell ?

2. Jakeymd

Jakeymd The Torque Meister

Ashbourne
    Car:
    Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi
    Re: hello

Just a little question i think a few of us will be wondering. Why go from a 1.8 to a 1.4?

3. Loz

Loz Torque King

Wolverhampton, U.K.
    Car:
    MX-5

[​IMG]

Better MPG maybe? :)

4. Jakeymd

Jakeymd The Torque Meister

Ashbourne
    Car:
    Ford Focus 2.0 TDCi

Surely any saving in fuel will be outweighed by the cost of an engine swap for a few years?

5. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi

Perhaps the 1.8 doesn't work anymore.

6. irishgirl323

irishgirl323 New member

ireland
    Car:
    madza 323f coupe

i wrote earlier about swapping a 1.8 engine in my madza 323 f for a 1.4 one ,the reason im doing this is cause the 1.8 engine is not worling and a 1.4 would be better for me on fuel ,the question im asking is can this swap worl ,oh and my madza was automatic aswell but im changing it to manual with the 1.4 engine:lol:

7. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine

would think changing from auto to manuals going to he the head ache.

not sure on the loom but youll need the likes of the ecu changed. if you can pick up the loom easy enough then you might as well get it as well

welcome to the site

8. irishgirl323

irishgirl323 New member

ireland
    Car:
    madza 323f coupe

thank you for ur reply well ive changed the engine in my madza 323 f from 1.8 to 1.4 and shes ticking over but when i go to rev her she dies and cuts out ,she also wont start off her key but she will turn off from her key and sugestions whats the problem thank you

9. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    You really need to get a diagnostic check done on it. Is it overfuelling perhaps? What did you swap over from the donor vehicle then?