306 xsi

306xsi

pug 306 xsi that needs a bit more go. It is a mk1 2.0 8v
was thinking bout an induction kit for starters but thought i would get some ideas of other people first
Any help would be grateful

Hi there and welcome to TorqueCars. It seems we are all power mad on here.

The 8v engines are IMHO seriously underpowered compared to the 16 valve ones. It may be possible to swap the head over, certainly something to think about if you ever need to do the head gasket.

A sports cat, sports exhaust and induction kit will raise the power a little, doing just one will not really give much of a noticable power gain. I would also recommend a suspension upgrade and some bigger brakes. Some 306 owners really rate anti roll bars and strut braces.

Have a look at some of your options on here

I don't think the head swap would work...there different engine designs....

what would work.....

get a cam from a 205 1.9 git 8v

the cam in the 2.0 8v 306 is really lacking and that one should fit...it's a bit hotter...to go with this get a full ss exhaust and remap as well and maybe a nice induction system....not sure what to suggest on these but I'd go for k&n panel filter and change the pipe from the intake to the air box for a bigger bore one

I had an FSE power boost valve on my Rover, throttle response was much sharper the car was easier to drive in traffic as before it had some flatspots. It was setup on a rolling road and my MPG didn't really change although I had other mods done as well.

I know there are a few haters of power boost valves around but my experience with them was positive and if your old valve is sticking I certainly recommend an upgrade.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back