306 misfire problems

japes789

Car
306 gti-6
my 306 gti-6 has started to misfire when under acceleration. It only happens ocasionaly at the moment but its rather annoying and only seems to happen when the engine is cold and under quit hard acceleration any ideas to the cause and possible solutions would be greatly appreaciated thanks

First up you need to check the HT leads, if they are getting old it would be worth replacing them. New plugs may also help improve matters - at least this will remove the obvious problem areas.

A garage with a diagnostic tune computer will be able to better track down the problem without the usual trial and error associated with this kind of fault.

As it is a temp issue you might have a sticky AFM or Temp sensor.

ok thanks for that its given me a start anyway wil get it to a garage and go from there

Try also a can of Forte Gas Treatment. This can cure all manner of ills that garages simply love spending several recurring visits to trace. All at your expense.

I have had the same issue with my XSI, it turned out just to be the HT leads at the coil £3 each fixed like a dream