306 making ticking and wizzing nosie from cambelt area

madmike

Car
pug 306,dturbo
hi i got a 306 d turbo and it making a funny noise from the cambelt area..it's driving me nut's
had a new cambelt fitted a 3 months ago..
and new pas belt someone send could be the tensor could this be true?

any help would be great

Might be the water pump, they don't like being tensioned twice, also check the tensionor barings for play. It's good practice to change the tensionors and water pump with every change of the cambelt.

hi cheers for ur reply,turned out to be to tight..sorted no just makes the slight little squek...when should the boost and turbo kick it as i dont feel much power,but aroud 2.5k i get a little but i would thought u could feel the turbo kick in

Could have a boost leak, check around the "d" seal around where the intercooler bolts on the intake manifold, there are 3 allen bolt on the top at the back with the brake vacuum line on it and also there will be 2 10mm bolts underneath near the glowplugs, undo the turbo hose from the left hand side and the boost compenstator pipe (the small pipe at the bottom of the intercooler leading to the bottom of the injector pump.

"D" seals can be had from a pug dealer for very little money, you may find that it will have "grown" slightly where it's absorbed oil from the intake (this is normal) .

Make sure everything is tight when you put it back on (not too much though) and then go for a drive a check, what year is your motor? Can you take a picture of you engine bay, cause I'm the man you need to talk to about more go for your dturbo, check out my project threads....

hi it's a p reg,i had a look at the d seal that u talk about and there seam to be oil all over that area,as if it sparyed every where..i'll take a photo and paste it on ere for u to see,it looks like the fuelpump has be played with and the plastic cap on the lucas pump have a mark on it,and the boost pip has been cut and re joined guess thats where a boost gange was,and ive has the car on the ramps too and the turbo blot was only thumb tight,ive tightened that now,and seam to be a bit better,and i changed the oil while i was there rude not too,u only live in cannock i see would u mine if i flew up on wekend and get ur help (i'll pay for ur trouble) and get the beast running right before i spend out on the body shop,many thanks for ur help

Yeah I can take a look at it for you on saturday if you want, just let me know when you want to come down as I'm not busy that day. You can have a look at my motors as well while you're here :)

that be sound ok if i fly up next weekend...as busy this saturday and sunday
ive saved the number so txt close to time make sure everything is sweet and once again
thanks for ur help mike

hi mate, can't do nest weekend cause I'm at work, if your free in the week, say wednesday or thursday then I can do that if you want

188216_10150322419337744_525572743_9879494_7892709_n.jpg

281842_10150322419247744_525572743_9879492_4989016_n.jpg

that would appear to be the inlet manifold I would say.

I would say on an educated guess without physically looking at it that the rocker cover gasket has perished.

How many miles has the engine done? is there any signs of leakage down the front by the injectors on the glow plugs?

Yeah that "D" seal goes around the intercooler outlet.

Can you send me a direct link to your first photo so I can point a couple of things out for you? :)

Also get yourself a boost guage so you can see what pressure you are running. 12-14psi is standard more than 20psi is a harsh tune, less than 12 then you have a boost leak.