2008 Ford Focus

Paul911

So I recently purchased a 2008 Ford Focus and its a fun little car to drive and what not, but I'm looking for something a little more. However, after LOTS of looking around and talking to people I can't seem to find anything for me to spruce it up with.. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Hi Paul and welcome to TorqueCars, its nice to have you along. What engine do you have as this has quite a lot to do with your tuning options. How much are you looking to spend on it? Do you want to end up with a track day car or a fast road car?

thanks guys :)...Its a 2.0 Litre Duratec Engine and im looking to spend maybe a couple grand over a year or two. So anything that will help make it a fast road car would be nice. thanks

Thats a good budget. Is it the Turbo? If so I would say dreamscience remap (I think that is the name of the company!)

Induction kit, fast road cams (not racing spec though), sports exhaust Mongoose or Magnex should be good for sound/power. Then fit an FSE fuel boost valve. Suspension mods are always pretty high on my priority list so get some adjustable Konis or similar.

I hope you post up some pics in the Gallery when you get to 10 posts.;)

haha No its not the turbo. I do, however, wish it was and since I may be selling this car to my brother next year, I will definatley be getting something that has one lol.

A lot of the things i read on the new Focus is that its difficult to find parts that will work for it..you think thats true or are they just bull****tin me? and also any suggestions on what induction kit/fast road cams to get? thanks for the help

A lot of the parts around claim big power gains but when you put them on the car they are dissapointing. As it is not a turbo I would go with a pipercross panel air filter (made from foam) Piper do a big range of cams - read our cam article first and stick with a modest fast road cam or a regrind. http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/camshafts.php

thanks a lot man, ive been looking around, and just setting up some cash, what with insurance and rent haha.. another question though, any way i can get the governor out without replacing the chip.. the reason for the question is i topped it out at 180km/h (110mph or so) in 4th and i wasnt even close to the redline. thanks a lot

Alright thanks, and No it wasn't a track. but it was an unused airstrip on my buddies property so it was safe thats for sure...too bad their ripping it apart in a couple weeks..bastards..it was perfect haha