2005 1.2 Corsa Twinport

Hopcroft

Car
Corsa 1.2 Twinport
Hey, Im kinda new to the whole modding scene and even though I know my stuff a little I haven't undergone any modding as of yet. I've got a 2005 1.2 corsa design twinport and wondering whats the best way to increase power without swapping out the engine with acu ect. Its more because Im finding it being very raspy when Im on duel carriageways and motorways, I was just wondering if there's anything I could change that isn't going to insanely effect insurance but allow me to reach upper ends of speed limits a lot more comfortably. Any advice would be great, thanks! :)

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

For your particular car not much I'm afraid. I would concentrate on beefing up the suspension and uprating the tyres to make sure that the handling is taken care of.
Also look to maybe uprating the brake pads to improve the stopping power.
You could change the exhaust and add an induction kit, but I fear these would be strictly noise makers only on your car - some Corsa owners seem to like that though. :)

ah ok thanks, what about getting a panel filter or something like a pipercross open foam filter. Would these sort of alterations do much more to the power?

cyan5E_5Everdana5E_5E25E_5E25E_5EWelcometoTorqueCars5E_5E.gif

tbh nothing is really going to give you a decent gain without
a) costing a fortune
b) effecting your insurance

a panel filter, or even induction kit, as Blunty has said will add next to nothing. that is unless your current filter is already passed its best.

Get your no claims bonus up first buddy and then when funds allow - then buy a little bit bigger and a little bit better! It will be worth the wait ;)