2003 focus 1.6

creature

Torque Junkie
Car
mg zs 1.8
Is it possible to add a turbo to a 2003 focus 1.6 zetec. ive done some basic mods to it already such as a induction kit, sports manifold and exhaust.
I was wondering if anyone knew weather this is possible and what turbo would be suitable? Yes i know its a low powered focus but its all i can afford as of now and would like to make it more powerful.

Hi creature and wlecome to TorqueCars. Nice to have you along. I guess you are asking the question from a "is it worth it" point of view. You can turbo pretty much any car but when you look at the cost involved it becomes a pointless exercise.

Your best bet will be to save up and get an engine swap done to the 2.0 turbo. This will give the biggest power gain for your money.

In the meantime new fast road cams will give a bit more power but only really around 6-10 bhp more.

thank you, i wasnt sure if a 1.6 was worth strapping a turbo too. ill save up for the 2ltr.

thanks again

Keep us posted. (Feel free to join in with the other threads in General car chat - the more the merrier as they say!;))

Hi creature, i too have an 03 Focus 1.6 Zetec, just curious to see how much of a difference it made to your car with those modifications? Must sound good, is it quicker too?

Forget this one, just realized that the thread stopped a few months back and have seen in another post that creature has a new car now.