2002 Corsa C

robpowdrill

Car
Corsa C 2002
hey all, im new to the car tuning world and wondered if there were any cheap mods to make my corsa more fun. its only a 1 litre so im not expecting the performance to improve just something to make the car more fun to drive.
any ideas atalll? thanks alot guys :p

As it's a one litre your options are a little limited without spending silly money.

I would be inclined to enquire about a possible remap for the engine, try JF Automotive here on this site for some good advice about that one.

Try putting a decent set of dampers and uprated springs on the car, maybe even some adjustable coilovers; this will make your car handle much better and will be very rewarding to you. If you do go down this route, remember to have the full geometry set up done afterwards. This will ensure that all four wheels are correctly aligned to work in harmony with each other.
The geometry can be adjusted for extreme road handling but at the expense of increased tyre wear; discuss your requirements with the technician and he will be able to guide you.

The better suspension set up will help your car to perform much better around the bends and through the twisties.
Also uprate the brake pads for now to give you a bit more stopping power.
You could go for an uprated brake disc and pads package as well, but this will be purely down to how big a budget you have available. ;)

hey all, im new to the car tuning world and wondered if there were any cheap mods to make my corsa more fun. its only a 1 litre so im not expecting the performance to improve just something to make the car more fun to drive.
any ideas atalll? thanks alot guys :p

Hello and welcome mate. I started with just a little 1.0 litre Corsa C. I made no modifications to it what so ever apart from an Alpine stereo (which I then put into my Civic, now my E36 (5 years later)).

A remap will be pointless tbh. You'll gain next to nothing for a lot of money. If you want it to sound nice then get a backbox. If you want it a little bit more fun to drive get it lower. Coilovers are the best way, but also the most expensive. At the other end of the spectrum are lowering springs. These are designed to work with your existing shocks. You will gain a lower centre of gravity therefore improving the handling (and looks) but you won't get any other benefits.

Also, don't cheap out on tyres as these make a huge difference as well.

Remember that any modification will increase your insurance premium as well.

thanks all. im gunna see how much a set of coilovers are an as for re aligning the wheels i can do this at work :) im a skoda tech apprentice haha. im going to save and get four firestone tyres for it and maybe go for a new back box. would a new induction filter make any difference at all to the noise. i heard they can decrease the performance of these unless you get up into the higher revs where the power band is??

Would a new induction filter make any difference at all to the noise. i heard they can decrease the performance of these unless you get up into the higher revs where the power band is??

You will lose low down torque. Fair enough if you just wanna make noise, but performance will suffer as a result. Not a good trade off imo.

ahh fair enough i wont bother then. might just invest in a new back box for the noise then an have a look at some coil overs or maybe some lowering springs, depending on funds haha

ahh fair enough i wont bother then. might just invest in a new back box for the noise then an have a look at some coil overs or maybe some lowering springs, depending on funds haha

Coilover prices vary quite a lot. Good springs are better than cheap coilovers. I paid over £800 for my coilies just to give you an idea of what decent stuff costs.