2002 A3 1.8T need Tips

What would be the first you would do?

Sorry but, about what exactly my friend? :blink: Engine, braking, handling, bodywork, Interior, sound systems, lighting, induction kits, turbos, exhausts?
Everybody has their own agenda as to what should be done first and why the list is endless; and your question is very open :amuse:
Have a good think about what it is that is important to YOU as it's YOUR car and YOU will have to live with and pay for any modifications that you may like to do.
My own ideas may vary wildly to your own, and it is very easy to get confused with information overload on this site :confused:
;)

Sorry but, about what exactly my friend? :blink: Engine, braking, handling, bodywork, Interior, sound systems, lighting, induction kits, turbos, exhausts?
Everybody has their own agenda as to what should be done first and why the list is endless; and your question is very open :amuse:
Have a good think about what it is that is important to YOU as it's YOUR car and YOU will have to live with and pay for any modifications that you may like to do.
My own ideas may vary wildly to your own, and it is very easy to get confused with information overload on this site :confused:
;)

Yes you right,I should have said Engine, braking, handling, turbo,exhausts and ECU, this will all come in due time, but in witch order would it be done best?

What spec is the engine, 150, 180bhp? That engine is very strong, very tunable and there is loads of stuff out there for modding vag group cars. The recommended order is suspension\brakes before engine but tbh I did my remap before I did my suspension. Imo for that engine it's worth getting a cheap generic superchips type remap while you do the rest of the stuff like turbo and exhaust.

No worries my friend, I would try getting the handling up to scratch first along with some bigger brakes. Get some decent coilovers if you want to lower the car a little and firm up the ride. Get some bigger brakes by either putting in better quality pads alone or if you are thinking about a lot of extra horses for your engine then bigger discs and calipers are a must. You can also have your engine remapped for now to release some extra BHP and you may be more than happy with the car after this.

What spec is the engine, 150, 180bhp? That engine is very strong, very tunable and there is loads of stuff out there for modding vag group cars. The recommended order is suspension\brakes before engine but tbh I did my remap before I did my suspension. Imo for that engine it's worth getting a cheap generic superchips type remap while you do the rest of the stuff like turbo and exhaust.

Yes it's the 150#!PS (110#!kW; 148#!hp) thanx man, I'll than start off with the chip and remapping, that should give it a good boost.

No worries my friend, I would try getting the handling up to scratch first along with some bigger brakes. Get some decent coilovers if you want to lower the car a little and firm up the ride. Get some bigger brakes by either putting in better quality pads alone or if you are thinking about a lot of extra horses for your engine then bigger discs and calipers are a must. You can also have your engine remapped for now to release some extra BHP and you may be more than happy with the car after this.[/QUOT

Thanks for the advise. I'll let you know how it goes!!!

if its 2002 it could be worth getting the turbo off a 2003 or later model. slightly larger but is a direct fit - and is now also the replacement part anyway - after this a remap should see you around 210bhp

turbo intake pipe can be prone to colapsing so worth changing
dirverter valve is made of cheese and will most likely fail