2.4 Type S Tyres and Tuning

idrussell

Car
Accord Tourer 2.4 S
Hi All

I am new to this forum. I have from new an 05 Accord Tourer 2.4 Type S with 17" wheels. The original tyres were Yokohama's and were cr*p, I replaced with Michelin Pilot Sports - these transformed the noise + handling. These are now due to be replaced - has anyone any other recommendations as they now appear to be about £145 / corner :amazed:. I was thinking along the lines of Goodyear Eagle F1's or Continental Sport Contact 3's ??
My other question is on tuning - is it possible to get a few more horses without sacrificing reliability? Just feel somtimes the car could do with a bit more grunt:D

Thanks in anticipation

Ivan
2005 Accord Tourer 2.4 Type S
1992 Porsche 911 C2

hey and welcome to the site mate.

i rate the bridgestone re040s if you can still get them as they were superseded by 050 ( i paid £117 each for them ). goodyears are good but because they are so grippy you could ahve more wear than with the michelians.

im looking at falkens fk452s little bit cheaper at around £90 a corner

Thanks for the replies guys. In terms of extra power 20 -30 BHP would be nice but not sure if that is possible without major mods..

Thanks

Ivan
2005 Accord Tourer 2.4 Type S
1992 Porsche 911 C2

You'd need a new cam, exhaust and air filter kit for another 20-30 realistically and probably a remap. It should be an achievable goal and is something you can do in stages.

hi all,

i've got a few hondas, i love the cars, but i really think that the 2.4 type s is slow for a 2.4litre vtec engine, i want to put atleast 100bhp more, then it would be the ultimate machine, anyone know how to scoop this up?

Eagle F1s are excellent if you're looking for something reasonably priced. Hancook RS2's are also very good for the money.

Super/Turbocharge it.

Whats the base power on the 2.4 then? A Nasp Honda 2.4 should offer around 200bhp surely?

Engine Size 2354 cc
Cylinders 4
0-60 mph 7.7 s
Power Output 187 bhp
Valves 16
Torque 223 Nm 164 lb-ft
Top Speed 141 mph

would have thought it would have been higher

hi all,

i've got a few hondas, i love the cars, but i really think that the 2.4 type s is slow for a 2.4litre vtec engine, i want to put atleast 100bhp more, then it would be the ultimate machine, anyone know how to scoop this up?

If you want an extra 100bhp on the Accord Type S then I hope you have deep pockets mate! You'll need to replace a lot parts.

A cheaper way to mod the Type S is to take parts from the Type R.

I would've thought nitrous would be the way to go for big gains in a hurry. Not sure how it will effect the life of a stock engine though.

Fine if you don't go mental and use the correct fuel jet for the N2O jet. Personally I'd get a wideband lambda to keep an eye on things as well. Honda's engines are very strong anyways.