1999 Clio 1.2 RN Performance Air Filters

Mousiekebabs

Hey,

Just joined today so, hello :p

Anyway, I've been trying to find a performance air filter for my 1999 Clio 1.2 RN, but I am only able to find ones for the 1.2 16v engine.

I've taken a look at where my air filter is and its encased in a large plastic case, this is completely different to the other set ups I have seen on other cars, they simply have a tube coming from the filter into the engine, such as on the 16v version. I've asked a few other people to take a look under my bonnet and they can't seem to figure it out either.

So I was just wondering if anyone has any experience replacing the stock intake system on a 1.2 99 Clio RN.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if its a little confusing. If it ever stops raining I will take a picture.

Mousie

hey and welcome to torque cars mousie
for a 1.2 theres a good chance that you would lose power by going for a induction / CAI kit. best idea would be to try and get a panel filter that just replaces the standard paper one supplied by reaunalt.

a pic would come in handy post one up, itll end in the mod queue but if i see it al authorise it.

sounds like the 16v golf mk4s the filter actuals sits in the engine cover rather than in a seperate airbox

Just taken a few pictures, so here is the best one:

http://www.freewebs.com/mousie_kebabs/engine.jpg

I was thinking if I could fit a filter on the long pipe that is connect to the front, I have no idea if it would work but it seems to be the only place possibl e to connect a non-standard filter.

By POTN do you mean http://torquecars.potn.com? Do you have a link to the filter you found? I can only seem to find the MK1 ones the only MK2 ones are all for 1.4+

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I've taken a picture of my engine, but I can't upload. I have it uploaded somewhere else but I'm not sure about the rules on external links here.

Panel filters? I've taken a look at the shop and can only seem to find one for 36.28

"Green Renault Clio Mk2 Phase 1 1,2L 58HP (1998>) Panel Shape Standard Performance Replacement Filters (P536584)"

I'm going to assume that this will fit my car, although I have no idea where :cheesy:

-edit-

Sorry about the double post, didn't know what happend to the other one

Last edited:
it was the link to the shop above, POTN sell though the site, and the owners gets a bit of money to keep the site running for free
sorry might have be 89 i was looking at
engine.jpg

dunno where the filter would go on there, could you get a pic from the back of the engine, around the filter and with the casing off

Hi and welcome to Torquecars (Sorry i'm a bit late - i've been away on holiday!)

Theres not a lot I can add as PG has answered your questions.

The double post was because the first post went to the moderation queue as you have under 10 posts and it contained a link.