Torque Cars

1999 Blazer hard brake pedal

Discussion in 'Chevrolet' started by old-git, 9 October 2013.

1. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    I had been having strange issues with the brakes. At first I thought the lack of stopping was due to loose surface material, but in the driveway at very slow speed the pedal just locked up.

By locked up I don't mean just hard to press as if the servo had stopped working, I mean hard as if a rock had been placed under the pedal so no braking at all.

I then couldn't get into park to start the engine as you have to depress the brake pedal to do this!

Any ideas? MC full of fluid. No hissing noises that I can hear.

Update - The car has been sitting for a few months. I changed the battery and the brakes have freed up so I was able to start it. However, the brake pedal can be pushed to the floor (with some effort) and there is a hissing noise when pedal is depressed. On turning the engine off and pumping the pedal a few times the hissing stops and the pedal hardens up.

Last edited: 9 October 2013
  2. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    I am surprised that this one has gone so long without reply OG, it's clearly a head scratcher :blink:

3. old-git

old-git Moderator

Essex
    Car:
    Elan & Robin Hood
    Well, if it wasn't a head scratcher I wouldn't need to be asking for help :)