1991 bmw 750I

Hello and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars.

What is the mileage like on the car? Has it had a full service history? I've heard that electrics can be a bit of a problem and as with all cars if neglected they can be unreliable.

What year is it?

it's got 245,000 klicks, and its a 1991. The electrics are good, the hazards dont work, but other than that its good. and there's no service history, i've just had to go through everything myself, but the engine thankfully, is good. but there is a diff fluid leak, but i believe thats just a tear in the boot on the half-shaft. i havent had time to look at it yet, but im not driving it right now, so im not worried about damaging it. I plan on fixing that this weekend.

It sounds like you got a good one - quite a high mileage but I guess that explains the lack of a service history. Check for leaks (gearbox as well). Remove and check the condition of the plugs as well.

Hi Nat and welcome, I know quite a bit about the e32,e38 & e65/66, feel free to ask away, I cant promise to answer all your questions...but a few.

i plan on checking the plugs this weekend, and after i replace the entire cooling system, and the head, and valve cover gaskets, im going to replace the entire ignition system as well. i want this car to last, so im doing all the preventive maintenance i can. and i also plan on servicing the transmission, but at some point i want to junk the 4 speed auto for a 6 speed manual. but if there's anything else maintenance wise i should do, let me know.

hey thanks, i didnt know where to look for those, my bentley manual hasnt gotten here yet, i was wanting to change those but couldnt find them.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back