114 rear arch rust

metronicky

Wrench Pro
Car
Rover 114 SLi
Ive got a 114 with some rust on the rear arches among other places, whats the best ways to get rid of it? just strip and filler then paint, or just send it to a garage for £150?

you could always sand it back yourself and fill, but you might be better getting a professional to do the spraying as it may have faded over age and can paint might not match

You can rub it down and filler it, but the rust will most likely come back within a few months. Also you will most likely find more rust than you expect once you start trying to get back to bare metal.

Is that £150 all done and sprayed? thats a good price!

Its also worth lifting your carpets in the footwells to check for rust, if its rust free then i would hammerite it because they love to rust around the jacking points, i can also guarantee the insulation under the carpets will be dripping wet!

yeah I think 150 per wheel arch, or it might have been 250 per arch. I got the quote about a year ago for my old metro. I've seen little spots in the door sills, but the rest looks o.k.

I think one of the archs has been done already so I prob wont be able to repair that. I'll prob avea more in-depth look then get some quotes.

cheers for the info, I'll check the footwells now.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back