1.8 vvt-i automatic

J

JJB07

Hi,

Just wondered if anybody has ever tuned or knows whether its possible or worth it to tune a 1.8 automatic. I'm not up on all the tuning options in general so need advice. Induction kits can lose low end power and may mess the fueling I've been told, so not an option for an automatic. I'm looking for improved throttle response first and if there are possibilities then start looking at the bhp.

I'm looking to build a styled comfy cruiser rather than an out and out street racer. Thats why I'm sticking with the automatic and try to do something different.

Hi there JJB07 and welcome to TorqueCars good to have you along.

I'd say that your first mod should be an FSE fuel boost valve as this will improve the throttle response. An induction kit with a cold air feed should work ok on your car. You might need to uprate the fuelling but hopefully the FSE will help take up some of the slack.

Match the induction kit with a full sports exhaust and sports cat for the best airflow through the engine.

Well this is my first time i have a 2zz-ge 1.8L I too is wondering if it's possible or if it worth the mile of modify this car? I really want to go all out with this car
This what am planning on doing : Stroker kit, Turbo Kit, Values spring Values and retainers, Piper Cams, Greddy E-management Ultimate, MSD with launch Control,Act Clutch 3, Oil pump upgrade, Fuel upgrade, pully upgrade and of course susp.and Braking. please tell me if it's worth it cause i really love the sport.

Hi there adrenalin and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. That is quite a shopping list. Have you managed to track down suppliers of these parts? I think that will be your biggest problem, last time I looked which was a few years ago there was hardly anything around performance wise for the 2ZZ-GE.

I think your best bet would be to go with a supercharger and water injection kit. The engines are pretty solid and the supercharger will make a massive difference to power and be a lot easier than all those other things.

How much do you want to spend on the car? It is often cheaper to go out and get a faster model, but hey wheres the fun in that!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back