1.8 +turbo?

creature

Torque Junkie
Car
mg zs 1.8
unfortunately the car i brought appears to have been a dodgy one :( a small spirited run and the turbo blew causing considerable damage to the car going by the repair bill it seems to be a waste of money fixing it up. The company i brought it from have been incredibally good about it all considering and have given me a large discount of a 1.8 however the non turbo version so what would i have to do to make it turbo ready? Its got to be cheaper than the repairs on my current :(

any ideas? :)

Not harsh at all, I totally agree however the distinct lack of a decent 1.8t that I could find was disconcerting so I figured, I needed a car may as well take that one. Im considering pursuing a small claim in the courts but well see if I have a leg to stand on as technically I took legal ownership of the car for just over a week. So im unsure whether I can claim i was mis-sold whereas i presume they'll claim that I mistreated it within the week I had it lol just have to see what I can do.

However turbo it? :)

You can't easily turbo a NASP 1.8, the internals are very different, for starters the compression ratio will be too high and the gear ratios are likely to be way out. You will also have problems insuring the car as it "has been modified" even though it will be much slower than the stock model.

I'd ask for a full refund under the sale of goods act and look again for a good 1.8T model, there are quite a few around. Why should you mess around with a repair and all the time off the road?

i got my turbo:) however the boot is stuck shut on it any advise? key and key-less entry wont work, do i have to disassemble it? :(

Where I am from only rull is: Buyer be aware! :(
Glad in UK you can claim money refund in such case. If you really can get your money back you should do that in my opinion. If you take plain 1.8 you will miss power and tunabillity in future.
Or in other hand can you ask them to repair your car? How much miles have you done in that one week? If it is some minor number of miles maybe they can not claim you have misstreated the vehicle?

EDIT: I didn't know how I don't see your post above!:embarrest:
Seems like you have find some conclusion about engine?

Last edited:
The central locking module is behind the trim panel on the RHS of the boot area.

Does it need two presses to open the boot?

If you go in through the back seats there may well be a release switch around the lock area, take a torch in with you.

hummm its no good. Sorry to sound harsh. But, If it was me I would be asking for a full refund and looking elsewhere to purchase a car.