1/4 mile times

johnstondturbo

Car
306 turbo derv
Hey I was wondering with all this talk of tuning the 306 turbo diesel, does anybody have 1/4 mile times for a rough estimate of straight line speed? I'm hoping to get to my local dragstrip (crail raceway) when its open and have a play with a stage one tune after a standard first tune run. Cheers

Hey I was wondering with all this talk of tuning the 306 turbo diesel, does anybody have 1/4 mile times for a rough estimate of straight line speed? I'm hoping to get to my local dragstrip (crail raceway) when its open and have a play with a stage one tune after a standard first tune run. Cheers

Another D turbo owner! :)

Welcome to TorqueCars!

There hasn't been any one I know who have dragged there D turbo's.

Jarrus had a run against me at Santapod, I think he did a 17 second, but didnt get a very good start, so I think a low 16 would be possible.

Jarrus had a run against me at Santapod, I think he did a 17 second, but didnt get a very good start, so I think a low 16 would be possible.

Sorry I wasn't aware!

Then again, his was the 2.1 litre 12v conversion with a TD04 turbo and meth injection running a bosch fuel pump with gov mods I think......

I think I should have something other than 1/4 mile times like.. How many tractors can you overtake in one go? Haha. Is that the 2.1 from a zantia for example? Iv seen a few of jarrus's posts and he seems to be the man in the know.

I'm currently looking at a 2.2 hdi engine,box,loom and drivesfats ect at a mates rates price. Also looking at a almost bare shell of a phase 3 2.0 hdi. Going to have a look at if many people have done this conversion. I'm mechanically minded and handy with a set of spanners but any advice would be handy.

Yeah, I did a 17.1 and I got a crap start and I used too many gears....with a better launch and running it out in 4th should get a low 16 at least on that set up.... plus I reckon my car wasn't producing the power it should be... but I've since learnt from my mistakes and revel all when I build the next project...

2.2 conversion is possible, use the 306 hdi gear box as it will be a much easier fit its only the wiring that will give your grief... possibly...get the complete engine and loom and ecu... hell you might find it plugs together in the 306 connector....

Rather than bother with buying it all in bits I just bought the 406 complete car with 69k with full service history, shame to break it as its full of toys. Raking out the camera to have it ready and start a build thread. And thanks to t9 the missus is checking out a carbon xmas it woud seem. Over all, happy man! Cheers jarrus. Have to delve a bit deeper into this I think.

Good luck mate, through a project thread up about it....
I always considered doing a 2.2 HDi myself but I couldn't be bothered wiring it in, so I am very interested to see this one :)

Haven't started yet as I'm rather enjoyin potterin about in comfort but time wasn't wasted. Found my camera! Yeah mate going to wait till daylight to wash both cars and get started on the 306. Cheers

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back