1.4 Astra upgrade

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By chris scott on Tuesday, April 12, 2005 - 12:02 pm: Edit

what mods would you recomend for a 1.4i astra with a raidhp induction kit and ecotec cp26 valve? i have a limited budget i just need performance.......long story!!!
regards
chris scott

By Dikwan Septiawan on Thursday, January 01, 2004 - 02:39 pm: Edit

Hi Guys, I'm new on this community, i would like to learn on how to increase the engine performance

what i have need to now know is the calculation on porting and polish the engine. what is the best value to decrease the cyl head and fly wheel on my mitsubishi 1.8l 1997 lancer DOHC and what should i do next. FYI i would like to make my car for drag racing. need more torque i guest

Thanks for the hepls

Rgds,
Dikwan

By Anonymous on Monday, January 05, 2004 - 03:44 pm: Edit

A lighter fly wheel will make the engine rev more freely but that is not necessarily the best thing for drag racing where a steady and smooth increase is always needed. I would first of all increase the engine size (displacement increasing the compression ratio) then I would add a turbo and get the computer custom mapped. Cheaper option would be adding a racing profile cam and air filter/exhaust sytem.

Do you know if the EVO 2.0 engine will drop in - that would give you a lot of power and the EVO V engines are starting to turn up in breakers yards.