tyre advice

vtr chris

Wrench Pro
Car
saxo vtr track car
hi guys,need some advice on tyres for my saxo track car,i am off to the nurburgring next month and need to replace my tyres,would like toyo r888's but if it is a wet weekend i dont think they will be much good,looking at toyo t1r or yoko parada spec2 would these be any good all weather tyre,also the back end is abit light as braking hard at 110mph on a bend the arse end was kicking out would a good tyre help this?
any advice would be great and any tips on going the ring would be helpful as i have never been b4
tnx chris

always liked yoko's so i would say them

and have never raced any were but if the back end is light put some bags of cement in there to wiegh it down i know it will loose a few sec's but better then crashing

Have a look at Goodyear Eagle f1's. IMHO they are one of the best tyres around in the dry and wet conditions. The trouble with mine was that they wore out so quickly but they may well have changed the formulation for longer wear now.;)

tnx for that,funny enough somebody else said go for the good year f1,seem to have a good reputation this tyre,seem to be spiolt for choice ,but what to go 4?will have to compare prices me thinks
tnx guys 4 the advice:blink1:

Do the saxos have a brake bias valve that compensates for extra weight in the back by increasing rear braking force? On lowered cars it thinks the back is fully loaded and the rear brakes lock up easily.

As for the tyres...The Eagle F1 GSD3s are the dogs, but in the dry the R888s surpass them...in the damp i think the R888s would still be better, but if it were pelting down with rain the 888s could be a bit out of their depth (still good though)

The Parada Spec IIs are great tyres too, not heard such good things about T1Rs...some people love them, others prefer both the Parada and Eagle F1s over them

when i bled the brakes the compensator was seized solid ,i have freed it off so it should be in the unladen position hopefully,so should be alright,somebody said the t1r tyres are crap mainly soft side walls which under load feels like the wheel nuts are loose so will give them a miss,looks like f1's or r888
tnx 4 the help

Funny how some people follow advice even if they haven't used them. I have used T1Rs on track and they have been superb. If you specify the correct load rating then the sidewalls will be fine. If the person that said they were loose they obviously had the wrong ones fitted. R888's are the best for dry use, I would not venture out if damp, especially the 'Ring' as it is such a large area the weather may be variable over the track. Try looking through a few tyre sites and their reviews, this will help you decide. This one is pretty good.

Funny how some people follow advice even if they haven't used them. I have used T1Rs on track and they have been superb. If you specify the correct load rating then the sidewalls will be fine. If the person that said they were loose they obviously had the wrong ones fitted. R888's are the best for dry use, I would not venture out if damp, especially the 'Ring' as it is such a large area the weather may be variable over the track. Try looking through a few tyre sites and their reviews, this will help you decide. This one is pretty good.

You cant expect people to try out every tyre can you?

The views i state come from many peoples opinions, including tyre fitters.

I have personal experience with Paradas, F1s and s drives, and from what i hear the T1Rs are just about up to scratch with the s drives....IE...Not all that great