hello from Type R

TYPE R

Car
WRX STI TYPE R
dont know where newbes is . i first bought a subaru last year it was an imprza sports speachel 2l non trubo.i loved the look of it but porformance was not so good so then i got the type r i realy like it its pritty quick the guy i bought it off said it is 320 bhp i dont beleave him will have to get it on a role on road . am planning on putting a different gear box on it because it is close raicheo and limmits at 110mph .will i have to get the ecu remaped or will it go straight on any tips paddy

hey and welcome to the site.
is it limited by the gearing at 110mph ie at the red line or is it elecrtonically limited ?
jap imports are normally electronically limited, this can be removed by specilists and can be done when its remapped.

if its the gearbox thats limiting it (red line in top gear is 110) then diferent gearing wont require ECU remap however the speedo may need recalibrated

type R; believe yours is a RA as my brother had one before with the same issue, it was almost redlining at 110mph but very quick through the gears, as its designed to be. Of course pain in the bu t for motorway driving as in 5th the turbo kicks in at about 50-mph?

One of my mates has just sold his RA. Limited to about 115mph IIRC, but he had that removed I know it could hit at least 125. Type-R's are 2-door and RA's 4-door aren't they? I could be mistaken though.

One of my mates has just sold his RA. Limited to about 115mph IIRC, but he had that removed I know it could hit at least 125. Type-R's are 2-door and RA's 4-door aren't they? I could be mistaken though.
yes it's a 2 door mine gose off the clock at 110 it limmits between 110 and 125 dont know the speed yet pain in the ass for the autoban:toung:my friend has the 1996 sti 4 door it can hit 160mph i am going to get the same gear box as him

it limmits between 110 and120 cant tell becauseit gose off the clock ,i think it's electronley, in 5th it dies at 6 rpm and it red lines at 9rpm . do you know any sort of sights that you give your chisissy no and it will give info on what tourbo eninge raicheo of gear box ect . paddy

mine is a 2 door type r . not a ra the ra is a 4door . mine is verry quick throw the gears to .cant rember what speed the turbo kicks in at in5th only drove the car for one day ,the day i bought it , because my job has brought me away from home for 7 monts have only got 1 month and 1/2 till i returne cant wait to drive it

Hi there TypeR and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Your car sounds perfect for the Autobahn.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back