TCJB's alst street sprint for 2019

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
It is being held at Oakey in an industrial estate an almost 2 hour drive away (in app 8 days time) towing my Civic Type R with all my camping gear packed in the tow car.

The event is usually held earlier in the year but had to be postponed due to the difficulty of getting sponsors as the area is very dry and the town was struggling with the prolonged drought.

There are major bush fires all over the eastern states many started by firebugs :mad: who should be locked up for a very very long time IMO

A hill climb on the sunshine coast last weekend had to be abandoned after a few cars has started due to fire fighters declaring an emergency and ordering people to get out of their homes as they were in danger from fast approaching fires driven on by strong winds that were blowing embers well ahead of the front line and starting spot fires.

https://www.facebook.com/ABCNorthCoast/photos/pcb.2722185011136043/2722179387803272/?type=3&theater

We always have a few fires but not literally 100's and the green movement have gotten into some local councils and have enacted laws that prevent landholders along with the rural fire service in so many areas from taking preventative back burning measures so the fuel loads on the forest floors have built up resulting in bigger more intense fires.

Police have arrested a 15 year old that was responsible for a fire that destroyed 15 homes.

I hate to contemplate the loss of wildlife unable to flee ahead of the flames.

How did the knobby knickers add appear in my post as have never heard of them ? :(

Are they wanting to sponsor my track day expenses ? :lol:

Now it's gone .V( Was it some kind of virus :eek: ??

Last edited:
As expected the type R ran faultlessly in very hot conditions never missing a beat both days and ended up winning the <2litre registered class after a close battle with a much younger driver in a Mazda Astina SP.

Was great to have the air con on while waiting to be called up to the starting line |B

Now just have to adjust the rear ARB to the next stiffer setting and get some track time to see if it helps the car rotate / turn in better to be ready for 2020.