2011 2.2 mondeo juddering

mickjohn

Car
2011 mondeo 2.2
I have a 2011 mondeo 2.2 sport titanium x
80,000 miles auto
The car drive perfectly but occasionally if I am driving at 70 mph and just resting my foot on the accelerator the car starts to judder it also does this at 80 mph I can take my foot off the accelerator then accelerate and it’s fine or when it starts juddering I can accelerate no problem but if I do nothing and stay at same speed the car continues to judder it doesn’t do this at any other speed round town it’s fine does anyone have any ideas what it could be

Hello and welcome.

Sounds like misfire which can be caused by a variety of things. Could be a faulty o2 sensor sending wrong info to the engine causing wrong amount of fuel to be put into the cylinder.
You definitely need to get it to a mechanic asap as prolonged driving can cause more damage.

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
@Lunchmoney makes a good point to check. I had similar problem on my Skyline. O2 sensors were stuck at a certain voltage and wouldn't go past certain engine speeds or throttle positions. I had to lift off then feather the throttle. My mechanic put a voltage meter on the o2 sensors and found they were stuck so it seems a simple thing to check even if just to eliminate them. Coilpacks, voltage amp, fuel pump are other things he checked. Hope you find the fault

If it was misfiring surely it would do it at all speeds not just 70 and 80 mph
I had a judder on a car a few years ago, like yours it was only noticeable at speed. Was still misfiring at low speed just wasn't noticeable.
O2 sensors are fragile things and it's an easy fix if it is the cause.

Always check for the simplest and cheapest things first :)

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin, sorry for my slow reply.

Thank you so much for joining up and introducing yourself.

It's nice to have an enthusiastic member like you along, I hope you're enjoying the site. Please start up a project thread and share your experiences with all our other members and I wish you all the best in your project.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hi there, it's great to meet you. I'm sure you'll love the site, it's a really friendly and helpful bunch of guys on here.

Did you get the problem sorted?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back