TCJB's defensive driving basics

TCJBOLDIE

Staff member
Car
2011 Honda FN2
1 ensure that your vehicle is in a roadworthy condition ,tyres @ correct pressures with legal tread depth and all lights and indicators working and all mirrors correctly adjusted.

NOTE The above should be checked as least once a week.

2 The driver is illegal drug free.

3 Driver is sober and below the legal blood alcohol limit ideally with a zero BAC.

4 The driver is concentrating on the job @ hand DRIVING and being fully aware of everything happening everywhere around them and not thinking about what he/she is going to do when they get to wherever they are going.

4 Aware of the current road rules and abide by them.

5 that all people in the car are wearing seat belts correctly fastened.

6 Allows sufficient time to get to the destination in time.

7 Sit with the correct posture hands @ 9-3 and not slouch in the seat like they were watching TV.

8 IF your vehicle is an older model that does not have daylight running lights then switch your lights on during daylight hours as it is important to be seen by oncoming drivers.

I'm big on driving sober. If I've had a half I will still refuse to drive, the risk although minimal is something I'd find hard to live with if something did happen.

:oops: I must be getting forgetful in my old age..V(

9 when the light turns GREEN look both ways before moving off as the law says you can go BUT only if it is safe to do so.

10 Turn the phone off or on silent and in the glove box OR if you can't do any of the above connect it to Bluetooth and leave it in the console/glove box and not in your hands as even having it there is an offense.

I still see many drivers in late model cars that have BT with the phone up to their ears .V(