New member "Hello"

triker1066

Car
Rover cvt 8 valve14
I have a trike with a 1.4i 8v CVT motor fitted and it is doing something i arent happy with and wondered if the problem had arisen elsewhere /
Engine runs fine, gearbox operation is fine, all engine levels are good however on tick over the revs seem to be quite high, the throttle cable adjustment is ok and the throttle stop screw is screwed out enough to not be adjusting the butterfly ........ i have replaced the fuel valve on the inlet manifold and thats all ......... any more ideas would be good as i am at a loss ???????

Have you checked to see if the butterfly is shutting fully or maybe is there a hose that connects to the manifold that has a leak and are all hoses clamped tight and no splits ,cracks etc ?

All fine, no leaks, hoses are good, this is what i cant figure ? starting to think of the throttle body sender ..... however unless i can find a definitive problem (ie, someone that has had this and know the fault) i will be throwing money at parts until it is sorted :( ££££££

To be absolutely sure you have zero leaks you need to have a smoke test which will show if the TB shaft is worn,cracks in the manifold and splits in any hoses or joints in the inlet tract .

Last edited:
I had a bit of a fiddle around today, whilst jiggling the throttle sender on the engine i got a distinct change in the running .... so ..... i will try this first, i have checked and double checked for leaks none to spot.

Is this fuel injected at all or with any engine management controls? Does it die down a little when the engine is hot?

Is it running lean or rich? Could be a lambda sensor playing up causing it to run rich and trying to burn off the excess fuel.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back