picks of my engine bay

Good job. Make sure that you keep the edges where the ducts
meet the bonnet as sharp as possible as this is what creates the vortexes.

I've been wielding the angle grinder again :D
KbMJ5e1h.jpg

zdqLxUGh.jpg

xhgGK5th.jpg

zbTU1tdh.jpg

My dad had one Rad back in the day, it was the family runabout. All black and I think it was a 1300cc with white rubber bumper capping. Not a bad little thing if memory serves me correctly.

My dad had one Rad back in the day, it was the family runabout. All black and I think it was a 1300cc with white rubber bumper capping. Not a bad little thing if memory serves me correctly.

Nothing wrong with your memory|B as they were 1300cc and had a transverse leaf sprung rear suspension that could be dangerous when pushed hard into corners as the inside rear wheel tended to tuck into what could be an alarming positive camber angle that would have rapidly increased the heart rate of any driver who dared to test the handling and grip limits IIRC

They also morphed into the Spitfire sports car with the same motor and then came out with a 2000cc 6 cylinder which I think called a GT6.

The rear suspension was fitted with a single leaf spring that went under the diff to reduce the rear wheels tucking in. Don't know if it was a factory or aftermarket fix.

I thought Rad might have made a comment on the picture of my old herald as he's from Australia :)

Did it go brap brap brap and do 10 mpg :eek: :lol:

Just because it had 4 spark plugs didn't make it a 4 cylinder.;)

Thinking back it was the loaded rear wheel that was prone to tucking in when driven hard around bends so Colin you must have had angel looking after you to have survived your earlier modding days :)

Same car a couple of years later, handling was just fine as long as you have the suspension set up correctly :)
603551_10151191232441111_1914924682_n.jpg

IMGP3958.jpg

Colin it looks like you were thinking outside the square early in your modding career with a 12A/13B followed by a supercharged 4 cylinder in the Trumpy

Am curious as to how you tamed the rear suspension so it was more predictable,Transverse upside down leaf spring to minimize the change to extreme positive camber ??

Am curious as to how you tamed the rear suspension so it was more predictable,Transverse upside down leaf spring to minimize the change to extreme positive camber ??
Just lowered all round, coilovers on the front and strong springs on the back. no body roll at all :)