Can 1000bhp for £1000 be done?

^^ Indeed, something I am sure MadRod will know all about.
I fitted components to take 1000bhp way before we started on such Power. That's 35k of your 1k gone before you start on the engine. If you know what 1000bhp is all about you just chuckle about this thread. Carry on lads this is not for me.

I think Waynne was just fishing :)

Getting 100bhp for £1000 can be a challenge on some engines (excepting nitrous).

the turbo on this Toyota Supra cost 3000 USD, thats just the turbo, not counting the ECU to dial it in,or injectors, and any and all the other stuff to make 1000whp.
pic i hope comes up.TX2K8 2008 Houston 008.jpg

it actually made 1400whp.

its simple air in and air out, add fuel where required= power.

,till you find the cars integrity limits

Last edited:
It's not just a matter of bolting on a big turbo then! DOH! That's a shame. Time to rewrite everything I know about car tuning! ;)

Should is a very useful word in the English language. It covers a multitude of meanings ;)

eg. Lennon McCartney song - Your Mother Should Know

This could be either:

a: this must be brought to your mother's attention, or;
b: your mother will probably have the answer to this.

See what I mean?

HMM; my mother said it would make you blind. LOL

and these pix are a few years old!
today around Texas, OKC, and New Orleans, there are many 1500-2000HP cars, all use American V8s .

ever google "Street Outlaws" , and YES its getting more crazy everyday!
150MPH in just 660 ft. dangerous and out of control, but the EGO must be satisfied!

if Accel. is not your thing, try "silver state classic challenge" for you top speed junkies!
its exciting because its more dangerous than Bonneville salt flats.

a quick thought; you have a car without an engine, its a regular size coupe or sedan, weighs around 3700lbs !

you have available a choice of one of two engines, one is 800hp with 250lbs ft. torque(F1).
other is 400hp with 600lbs.ft. torque, american V8.

what would you chose?? money value dont count.

Its torque that matters so 600 lbft but if it only does that for 800rpms in the rev range it's not worth it.

Getting back to the original question, none of these engines can be built for £1000 ($1500) :) Not even 10 times that.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you get 600lbft and 'only' 400bhp? On a N/A engine it would usually be the other way around.

I still think we would struggle to get £1000 to stretch to deliver 1000bhp reliably but technology is moving on at a real pace. Perhaps electric motors on the Hubs and massive battery could give the extra kick required. A hub change could potentially be a simple mod and will yield hybrid car status, the only catch is storing the batteries somewhere.

I still think we would struggle to get £1000 to stretch to deliver 1000bhp reliably but technology is moving on at a real pace. Perhaps electric motors on the Hubs and massive battery could give the extra kick required. A hub change could potentially be a simple mod and will yield hybrid car status, the only catch is storing the batteries somewhere.

And at present I'm sure the batteries would cost more then the £1k budget anyway.

Interesting, perhaps we should embrace electric cars with open arms. They have interesting flat power outputs which seems to be so much better than combustion engines which only produce max power in the top third of the rev range.

The performance stats of the Tesla's absolutely blew me away. Under 3 seconds to 60?!!! Insane!