Your choice for a new Top Gear presenter

Yugguy

Torque King
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
Ok, what about a bit of light-hearted discussion?

Say Clarkson gets the boot, who would you replace him with? Would it even need to be another bloke?

I nominate Chris Evans. Funny, and a petrolhead.

Tim Shaw was pretty good on Car SOS. Depends what direction the powers that be want to take the show. Either keep it as a sketch show with some car's in it or go more indepth into the technical side of cars like Fifth Gear did. Quite liking the Classic Car Show with Jodie Kidd and old Quinten Wilson at the moment. Nice mix of items with Bruno Senna doing the fast lap round the track in a different classic each week.

Chris Evans, Sabine Schmitz, Guy Smith - the Racing Driver, Michael Schumacher or one of the former stigs,
Madalena Antas, Maryeve Dufault, Leilani Munter

OR ME - pick me please pick me ME ME ME ME!

Reactions: Teo
Chris Evans, Sabine Schmitz, Guy Smith - the Racing Driver, Michael Schumacher or one of the former stigs,
Madalena Antas, Maryeve Dufault, Leilani Munter

OR ME - pick me please pick me ME ME ME ME!

How about Engle Bert Humperdink? :D Please Release Me-Let Me Go! :lol:

I joined!

Sabine is one hot female. Wish my other half was into cars and racing as much as Sabine is!

Funny you should make this thread though, just last night on BBC Three, I watched an old episode and guess who was the guest? Chris Evens!!

I'll happily allow him into the show, great guy!

I'm on the virtual reality shortlist. Apparently, my warm and fun personality, plus my infectious chuckle and cheeky grin means the job is practically mine ;)

Sorry Os I am also on the short list for the replacement and far more quailified because

I am an aged arragant Bas***D
I am rude and a homophobe
I upset people as a hobby
When I am right its because I am right and anyone who disagrees is a retard
and I can recite this little piggy.............. word for word

Oh and I like cars

I won't miss any of them if they all go, can't stand listening to their old jokes anymore but I do appreciate a lot of people do follow the show religiously so it'll be a hard show to replace

Sorry Os I am also on the short list for the replacement and far more quailified because

I am an aged arragant Bas***D
I am rude and a homophobe
I upset people as a hobby
When I am right its because I am right and anyone who disagrees is a retard
and I can recite this little piggy.............. word for word

Oh and I like cars

Brian none of the above were obvious when we met except the last one :eek: :rofl:

Guy Martin

Yes, I have already seen a Photoshop picture by another hopeful of Guy standing between James and the Hamster on Face Book ;)
Still following this story with interest, have yet to see the investigation report from the BBC with their findings.

Get rid of the other two as well and start over rebooting the franchise with younger people like they did with star trek and xmen movies. ;)

Get rid of the other two as well and start over rebooting the franchise with younger people like they did with star trek and xmen movies. ;)

When you have a moment Obi, we are still long overdue for that little chat about you and you're issues; I'm free on Friday :lol:

I find myself agreeing with wayne, reboot it all !!!

They could have a phone in and Os could be the Top Gear agony aunt :rolleyes: "yeah I fitted a mahoosive turbo to my Civic and when the Vtec kicked in it blew up, my life is over now what should I do?":lol:
Or invite various tuned car's from members of the public for a drag race and have a phone vote for who will win :cool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32064440

Out of that list, John Bishop I think would be the most entertaining if they want to keep the format of comedy adverntures loosely based around cars.

Although respect to Rowan for this:

"The Blackadder star is responsible for the UK's biggest ever car insurance payout. It cost his insurance company £910,000 to repair his 240mph McLaren F1, after he crashed it into a tree in 2011."

:woot:

It bugs me that idiots are having a go at the bloke who got punched, like it was his fault. He didn't even report it - Clarkson did.

Who knows, perhaps Clarkson WANTED to leave the BBC and has cleverly managed to do it without annoying the fans?

I, too, was thinking Rowan Atkinson.

Would you trust Rowan Atkinson with the keys to a super car that you'd bought with your own hard earned knowing he cost an insurance company £940,000 on repairs to his mclaren f1.

Granted he has a racing licence now. But that would always be in the back of my mind.

Would you trust Rowan Atkinson with the keys to a super car that you'd bought with your own hard earned knowing he cost an insurance company £940,000 on repairs to his mclaren f1.

Granted he has a racing licence now. But that would always be in the back of my mind.

I don't have a supercar. He's probably able to write a cheque to repair just about anything.

Did Mr. Bean EARN that racing lic. or purchase it? :confused:

And as Shakespeare once said: "To be or Not to Be" Is this a complex question or a complex answer?:eek: