What oil after an agressive remap

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Should you use a different oil after an agressive remap?

Currently a Golf 2.0 TDI uses VW504/507 spec oil, the base 170 engine now pushes out 220bhp! (remap & turbo upgrade)

Is there a need to use a higher performance oil?

They will be changing oil every 9000 miles now instead of every 2 years or whatever the long life says.

I use Fuchs GTI III oil in mine - it works really well for me. Not sure if it's the correct spec but I reckon it outperforms the VW stuff by miles.

I only just saw this, so hope I'm not too late. The XTL technology is designed to improve the film strength and reduce friction. Rather than a lot of companies that mention similar things on their oils, the XTL is part of the basestock, rather than part of the additive package.

Cheers

Tim

So best not to mix with other oils. I just topped up with 1/2 litre of Granville 5w30 VW 507.00 to my car on top of it's Fuchs Titan GT1 Pro C3. Hopefully this is not going to destroy my engine :(. Should I get it changed ? ? ??

I am puzzled whether to use GT1 Pro C3 XTL 5w30 (which meets several long life specs including VW 507.00) or GT1 Longlife III (which meets VW 504.00 & VW 507.00 exclusively).

The latter is £5 more expensive but is there any material difference?

Hi

Being honest, I don't see the point in the Longlife III as it doesn't meet as many specs and costs more. Apparently it is being phased out as what it does is covered by the Pro C3 and that is part of the reason for the price difference as it's now seen as a niche product rather than a normal one, like the Pro C3.

As for a chemical difference between them, Fuchs don't tend to give out that information. We've sold a fair amount of both over the years and never had a problem with either.

Cheers

Tim

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back